Powder Primers Bullets

B-Bender

After a 21 year hiatus from reloading, I decided to get back into it for a new rifle. I had never considered reloading for my AR or AK for obvious reasons, but I also picked up the first bolt gun I've owned in 21 years so then there's that. I remembered the hours/days/weeks spent trying different powders, powder charges primers, bullets, OAL, etc in an effort to smoke a Prairie Dog at 600 yards. I was shocked to see the cost and availability issues now facing reloaders. Maybe I should focus on a winning lottery ticket next.

I did buy a couple of lbs of BL-C(2) the other day at $36/lb and 1000, CCI 200 @$19.50/box. I thought myself lucky until I read the BL-C(2) works better with magnum primers. Oh well.

I did buy a couple of lbs of BL-C(2) the other day at $36/lb and 1000, CCI 200 @$19.50/box. I thought myself lucky until I read the BL-C(2) works better with magnum primers. Oh well.
We are finding out that powders "may" "work" better depending on "some" factors but does not mean what you have in primers won't work fine. Whole new world with loads now.

My advice: Be patient. They ain't going to ban reloading. Finally, people will stop panic buying and stuff will be available. It will be more expensive, probably forever, since we are seeing a round of inflation. But if you are patient, I think in the coming months, we will see lots of improvement with powder availability.

I also confess to buying stuff I was not sure I needed. Now it sits. This behavior, magnified by thousands of us, is why there is nothing on the shelves today. Sorry......

Glad you are back to reloading. Its my favorite pastime really.

My advice: Be patient. They ain't going to ban reloading. Finally, people will stop panic buying and stuff will be available. It will be more expensive, probably forever, since we are seeing a round of inflation. But if you are patient, I think in the coming months, we will see lots of improvement with powder availability.

I also confess to buying stuff I was not sure I needed. Now it sits. This behavior, magnified by thousands of us, is why there is nothing on the shelves today. Sorry......

Glad you are back to reloading. Its my favorite pastime really.
Five million NEW gun owners last year. lf each just bought 2 boxes of pistol ammo that's 500MILLION rds. About 3 billion rds of ammo are/were produced each yr before the Great 2020 Ammo Famine. App 1/3 of US production goes to Rimfire ammo. Reading more lately, ammo makers have only been able to increase production by 30%. l see this shortage lasting a lot LONGER than most predict. With this Virus spreading fear, uncertainty, insecurity gun/ammo sales will be strong for many years to come. Topping all this, then comes the push to defund/reduce POLICE. Another buying surge is being created by those actions