Powder , primers and bullits shortage

I relentlessly scour all sites and every avenue to secure, maintain and augment my modest inventory of components. I have discovered numerous fraudulent on-line sites that combine theft with phishing for personal info. During my occasional visits to LGS's I have seen much frustration and angst among those failing to secure needed components and examples of extreme price gouging. Supply problems have also exasperated shortages. NATO inclusion of Sweden & Finland is likely to divert various components or production efforts for military stockpiles. I have not loaded ammo for my .300 WM for over a year & shoot mostly .224 & 6mm with small powder charges & SRP's.

Last edited:
I was in a shop a couple weeks ago, they had LRP for $20/100. I don't need any, but if you watch the various websites, you can get 1000 bricks from time to time. Once hazmat shipping kicks in, about 160-180$ per 1000.

Veteran is great about posting when stuff pops up, powders, bullets, primers, the whole shooting match!
Just paid $10.00 for 100 CCI LRP, I bought 200 so I left some for others to acquire. I really didn't need them. But you never know. Buy when you have the chance. Just don't be greedy. Found some 17 WSM bought 2 boxes. Powders IMR 4831, IMR 7977, $36.00 LB. Just a few items to play around with. They actually had quite a good supply of things for being run out of their basement. lol

Just paid $10.00 for 100 CCI LRP, I bought 200 so I left some for others to acquire. I really didn't need them. But you never know. Buy when you have the chance. Just don't be greedy. Found some 17 WSM bought 2 boxes. Powders IMR 4831, IMR 7977, $36.00 LB. Just a few items to play around with. They actually had quite a good supply of things for being run out of their basement. lol
Great to hear some people and places have reasonable pricing!

The same shop I mentioned had H4350 for $56/lb. I wandered into a shop while traveling to browse and saw these prices. I didn't buy anything. Everything in the shop was high

Last edited:
Great to hear some people laces have reasonable pricing!

The same shop I mentioned had H4350 for $56/lb. I wandered into a shop while traveling to browse and saw these prices. I didn't buy anything. Everything in the shop was high
I did notice the Varget on the shelf finally, Hodgons powders were a little higher. They were going for $45.00 to $55.00 lb. Still somewhat reasonable compared to online pricing if you can find them. When adding shipping & hazmat still cheaper at $56.00

All of my LGS's have powder in stock. Some primers, good selection of bullets and brass. I do a lot of driving for work in about a 250 mile radius so I have a lot of places to look, but just about all of the LGS have decent selections. Some priced much higher than others. Was in a shop the other day and they had Varget, H1000, H4350, H4831SC, and numerous others. All the Hodgdon stuff was $46 a lb. 6.5 Staball was $37 a lb. It's out there and easily found if you do some calling and driving. For me it is anyways. Some shops may have just exited the powder and primer business for now, or at least they're not pursuing it as hard as they may have in the past.

My LGS has had H1000 and other Hodgdon on shelf for past 6 months. I picked up the Rem primers there. Not much Alliant at all. Bullets just starting to show mostly Hornady. Other LGS have some Alliant, some primers and some bullets. This seems like a long winter that ice just starting to thaw.

A steady stream of bullets shot at various targets will require diligent shopping at every & all sources and astute fiscal management to achieve desirable results. Hire a CFO?

Law of supply & demand has some effect but not all.