Powder , primers and bullits shortage

Varget, 4350 4831 sc , H1000,
most Hodgdons except Retumbo are in stock everywhere.

Bullets that were unobtainium are cropping up everywhere too.

Berger 215s, Sierra 2125s, lots of small rifle primers.

Mostly missing are large rifle primers, Large rifle magnum primers and the Alliant powders especially RL 26 are short.

VIHTAVUORI IS there sporadically,
IMR and Western/ Ramshot are widely there. Just no more Endurons.

Just need Alliants snd Primers to get with it.

S
It's been near 3 yrs now and still we are experiencing shortages of Components to reload. What are the current excuses today ? Very frustrating not being able to find these things.
seeing small rifle primers and pistol primers but large are a problem. Gun dealers are getting them! I know this to be a fact !! They either sell them to preferred customers or on auction sites. Watched guy buy two bricks of SRP at $129.99 ea. and was happy to get them.

I was in a shop a couple weeks ago, they had LRP for $20/100. I don't need any, but if you watch the various websites, you can get 1000 bricks from time to time. Once hazmat shipping kicks in, about 160-180$ per 1000.

Veteran is great about posting when stuff pops up, powders, bullets, primers, the whole shooting match!

Ive been looking steadily for H1000 and Nosler brass.... Sometimes some awesome members let us know about stock but by the time were there its all sold out. So ready to be able to find stuff again.

Nephew sent me some pics of a new ammo plant near Columbia SC. It's part of Palmetto Small Arms. He also showed me pics of a primer plant near Rock Hill/Charlotte. The ammo plant is making its own brass and bullets. They presently loading 223Rem, 308Win, 300Blackout. He said PSA output was for the civilian market ONLY. No government contracts. No mention of a powder mill..
PSA is the same company that tried to buy the old Remington Ammo plant. They got outbid by Vista Outdoors.

Recent Posts