Powder Measure Hack - Powder Identification

I don't leave powdeer in the measure. When I am done loading the surplus goes back into its bottle. Saves mix ups but also a better way to store powder. Also means the plastic on the measure doesn't yellow over time. Nitro base powders like Lil'Gun are especially bad for yellowing the tubes.

This is what I do, painter tape, mark it when you put it in it, and scribble out when I'm done. EASYY PEASY 👌

Attachments

• 20230127_192421.jpg
    20230127_192421.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
Well I guess some reloaders do thing differently.
If we are loading up some cartridges and when done for the day or that specific cartridge the powder hopper gets emptied and never have to worry about what powder, we are reloading. It is our SAFETY factor. Never have different powder/bullets/brass/primers/ on the reloading bench at one time.

So I am absolutely certain no one else has ever sat down at bench and said💩, what's in the powder measure? So after throwing away very expensive powder decided to put erasable pen in it and write on it what's in it. Hopefully no more wasted $$$$ powder.
View attachment 432414
That's the damist thing I have ever seen. Will you change colors, per powder. Ha what ever works. It's your loading bench. Be safe. 👍

The prob is I really don't use the powder measure often. So once I found I left powder in it, kind of irritated so decided to write on it as back up. Has nothing to do with multiple powders on bench just the fact I left powder in it. So just wanted to have easy label on it. I like the painters tape instead since I have bright green version that will stand out. I really only use it for pistol for most part.