Powder Measure Hack - Powder Identification

Muddyboots

So I am absolutely certain no one else has ever sat down at bench and said💩, what's in the powder measure? So after throwing away very expensive powder decided to put erasable pen in it and write on it what's in it. Hopefully no more wasted $$$$ powder.
5C28C27E-0D59-4EAA-AACA-CCEBA9CD48FD.jpeg

Yup I've been there and done that. I fixed it by leaving the donor powder bottle and only THE powder bottle nearby on the bench-top. Then I realized if the bottle is right there, might as well pour it all back in When I was done for the day…Which also has the benefit of minimizing exposure to large humidity changes.

Yup I've been there and done that. I fixed it by leaving the donor powder bottle and only THE powder bottle nearby on the bench-top. Then I realized if the bottle is right there, might as well pour it all back in When I was done for the day…Which also has the benefit of minimizing exposure to large humidity changes.
X2 million

Yep! That's what I do!

Nope, never have more than one powder on bench but I confess I have put away the powder, and then have not loaded for few weeks. That's when I find the powder in it that I forgot to remove and unless I am DEAD certain of what I loaded last, I just cannot use it. Its just a rule I cannot break.

Nope, never have more than one powder on bench but I confess I have put away the powder, and then have not loaded for few weeks. That's when I find the powder in it that I forgot to remove and unless I am DEAD certain of what I loaded last, I just cannot use it. Its just a rule I cannot break.
Muddy.....build/get yourself a Fun/Noise cannon!!! I put all unknown or bad powder in a fun glass jar for my cannon. FYI, duplex load with a small kicker of 3F or it just burns out the flash hole with no detonation. The kicker is the best primer around for smokeless in a cannon.