Powder Inventory

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
I had the Spinal Cord Stimulator implant put in 11 days ago and still working out the programs to help with the pain. Since I can't do much of anything physically, I decided to start doing inventory on components.
We finally got enough power to last a while for 2022 competition & practice, hunting.
Reloading
6MMBR
.260Rem
6.5X284
.270WSM
.325WSM
.338LMAI

Attachments

• Powder Inventory 12-04-2021.jpg
    Powder Inventory 12-04-2021.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Rifle Powders12-4-21.jpg
    Rifle Powders12-4-21.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 99
Nice, well prepared.
I spent a lot of time traveling and trading in the SE. Finally got the powders we wanted along with a good supply of Berger Hybrids 6MM 105, 6.5 140gr, 338 OTM 300gr and Sierra SMK & SGK. Also had our favorite PD, Chuck & Coyote SBK 39gr .204 cal,, Hornady Zombie .224 50gr and good old .224 55 to 65gr SGK. Just about everything that was and is hard to get.
I will say that we had to trade a lot of our good stock to get what we have now and THANK the many members from LRH that helped us with our inventory!
Most of our rifles have new barrels on and recently got 8 new Krieger & Bartlein Blanks so we have the variety of powder and bullets to burn some barrels out without worrying too much like previous years.

Do you use the lathe while on those rollers?
No that is a brand-new lathe still on the shipping crate. There are specific type dollies for machinery that you can get, but for this size lathe and the tolerances it must meet, it has to installed on level concrete and the bed leveled with a specific machine level. We are building custom competition rifles and some parts need to be within the ten thousands.

We are renovating our shop with all new equipment, machinery, tooling along with electrical, lighting, heat & air, special epoxy painted floors and paneling/sound damping walls & ceiling.
Two days before my Spinal cord operation I got the lathe moved into the permanent place. I just need to use two lifts to raise it up, take the wooden shipping base off and install rubber/metal leveling feet. I am not allowed to do any lifting/bending until my flesh & muscle adheres to the SCS wire that is along my spinal cord to the base of my skull. I dare not move the electrical implant unit it is healed in place. They said six weeks from Nov 23rd so I hope to start turning barrels Jan 2022. I can't wait to start shooting again and we have several builds with all the components just sitting in boxes waiting to be machined and put together. Our plan earlier this year was to have the 6.5X284 and the 6MM BR built for "F" Class and hopefully have the 338LMAI done by the end of 2021 (or 2022) for ELR. Issues with my spinal cord and surgeries kind of set us back. One good thing about all this wait is that we have acquired all the rifle components & optics, all the tooling with exception of some custom reamers that should be here by years end, all the reloading components Brass, Bullets, Primers, and a variety of Powders. So once the lathe starts turning the barrels will be done, rifles assembled, Cartridges loaded, and then sending lead down range.
Looking forward to a GREAT 2022 and some nice rifles to build and shoot!
Thanks
Len & Jill

I'll take it all. Where would you like the check sent?😁
Got a real nice chunk of my retirement $$ sitting in our basement, BUT well worth it. We have been preparing for years and now we have the machinery with reamers & tooling to make and assemble the rifles, all the stocks, actions, barrels, brakes, rails, optics, triggers. Reloading equipment dies, brass, bullets, powder, primers. We had a thought process on the calibers we wanted and then progressed getting everything we needed by doing a lot of traveling and trading. i always said make sure that you have all your reloading components before you start you build. If your build is done and no components????? We have the powders for many cartridges now. Bullets beyond compression.
A lot of the firearm capabilities and the supply is not just for us. We have friends in the shooting community and also our neighbors with their children that we keep stocked. No one in our little area in the backwoods goes without in an emergency such as a snow storm/tornado. We keep plenty of food and water so we help out as we can. Between several of us neighbors we have enough equipment machinery to dig out a new road if we had to and enough livestock and food source for several months.
Like Jill and I say "Pay It Forward" and BE PREPARED!
Jill and I wish and pray that there are more groups of people in smaller groups That think the way we do and are stocking for an emergency and several groups chipping in can take care of each other in an emergency. God will take care of you, by instructing you what to do.
We us hope that our friends on LRH take heed and get & have a plan in place in the event of a disaster. It would be a shame if you live in a subdivision and no one else prepares. when an event happens they would all be at your family door for your family's food.
You have two choices prepare for your family and move out fast to a bug out place OOORRRR get your neighbors involved and have them store food supplies. medical and YES GUNS. It is better to have a village frighting outside gangs than just one family.

Last edited: