Powder Info

For Hunting loads, in my 270 Win Rifles; 270 Weatherby Mag; 30-06 and 300 Weatherby Mag, I am mostly using H 4831 SC , and IMR 4350. In Years past I have tried other powders of course but keep coming back to these two powders for all of my of Hunting loads. I think they both have a long history of being very good powders, and still are among the easiest to find. I have hunted Maine and NY State in the cold, and New Mexico and North Carolina when its warm, never had an issue. Just my 2 cents!

I didn't realize what I was getting myself into when I bought all the reloading equipment. There is way more too it than I thought. Haha
Haha! It just gets worse!
My thoughts on developing new loads for a specific caliber is, keep it simple. If 20 experienced posters say that H4350 is their favorite for 6.5 CM, I would start there. Is it possible that your particular barrel could shoot a powder within 2-3 up or down on the burn chart? Sure, it's possible, maybe even better than H4350. But you're not bench shooting in competition, you're developing hunting loads and hoping for about .3-.4 moa.

Take the average powder charge of the researched most favorite H4350 load, move up and down a few by 0.1 grain increments, and you'll very likely find a good accuracy node. Or take a long and winding trip down the rabbit hole and buy about 15 different powders chasing the elusive perfect load! Have fun.

Haha! It just gets worse!
My thoughts on developing new loads for a specific caliber is, keep it simple. If 20 experienced posters say that H4350 is their favorite for 6.5 CM, I would start there. Is it possible that your particular barrel could shoot a powder within 2-3 up or down on the burn chart? Sure, it's possible, maybe even better than H4350. But you're not bench shooting in competition, you're developing hunting loads and hoping for about .3-.4 moa.

Take the average powder charge of the researched most favorite H4350 load, move up and down a few by 0.1 grain increments, and you'll very likely find a good accuracy node. Or take a long and winding trip down the rabbit hole and buy about 15 different powders chasing the elusive perfect load! Have fun.
Haha, I won't be buying 15 powders. I will buy 2-3 and work up a couple loads.

I did buy the h4350 for the creed. I'll find a good node in there somewhere

Im new to reloading (I know great time to get into it with powder and primers being so plentiful). Im wondering which powders to start with. I have a local lead on the following: RL-19, RL-22, IMR 4831, IMR7828, Accurate 2230, Superformance, TAC, H4831SC, Varget, IMR 4350, H4350, Reloder 22,
Reloder 19. All the projectiles I have listed after the rifles are in hand

Rifles loading for:

GAP 26" barrel 6.5 CM: IMR4350 or H4350 (this is not a hunting rifle, just a plinking one) shooting mostly 140gr Elite Hunters and 147 ELDM

Proof MTR 7RM 24" barrel: I was looking at IMR 4831 and H4831sc. (hunting rifle, Shooting a range between 160gr AB, 150gr CX, 150gr E-Tip, 162 ELDx, )

Proof MTR 300 PRC 24" barrel: Looking at N565 and IMR 7828/7828sc. Shooting almost exclusively 220gr ELDX

24" barrel 280 AI: I was looking at IMR 4831 and H4831sc. (hunting rifle, Shooting a range between 160gr AB, 150gr CX, 150gr E-Tip, 162 ELDx)

I am going to hunt with the 7RM or the 280AI this year and

I have plenty of brass and primers for all the above rifles. I also Currently have 1 lb H1000 and 1lb IMR 7828 powders.

I would start with H4831SC, H4350, Reloder 22 and whatever you need for 300PRC (although I would expect RE22 would be a good option).

Subtle differences (subtle when you're starting out staring at specs) like temperature stability and metering are a couple of examples of things that I wish I would have paid more attention to when I started reloading 3yrs ago.

And with that being said, RE22 is a great powder but it is not great at those subtle things. But I would still invest in it (or RE23 but you don't have that option).

Im new to reloading
Get yourself a couple reloading manuals and read them. Excellent information other than the load data and will give you the basics to start your journey. Keep it safe and simple until you are ready to advance.
This! Take your time and enjoy the learning process.

Welcome to the world of reloading. Lessons learned in this hobby are still developing for me. I initially just kept everything simple and spent a significant amount of time studying manuals and collecting components and tools/equipment. I think you are being smart in limiting the variety of powders you start with. I look at my powder cabinet and see way too many powders in in smaller containers. It's good to have options, but in retrospect I wish I would have focused on a few good versatile temp stable powders in larger containers.

Triple Nickel (N555) is a great powder.....loads like H4831sc and pressures up like H3450. Temp stability is good also.
I ended buying H4350, H4831sc, N555 and N565

The N565 should do well in the 7RM and 300PRC

Ill get the accuracy nodes and find the velocities-- then go from there for moving forward