powder funnel blues

Saw this today, don't know if they are any good or not but seem to be a cost effective solution.

I'm tired of spilling ball powder while reloading 5.56 77 grain rounds. $100 for a Area 419 funnel set seems excessive -- Is it really that life changing?

I'm tired of spilling ball powder while reloading 5.56 77 grain rounds. $100 for a Area 419 funnel set seems excessive -- Is it really that life changing?
It's a funnel, 6 heads, storage block with 4 additional spots that fit drop tubes as well as hornady and whidden bump and cbto tools, and is American made my a small company. Tyler at MK makes some pretty cool stuff with that 3D printing as well and would be the route I went if I wanted to save money.

Or, spend $40 on the funnel, $8 on the head, and as you buy more heads it $8 each and you don't have to have a bunch of funnels.

Last edited:
I have been using my RCBS powder funnel since 1979. I'm tired of spilling fine ball powder around 22 caliber necks. My funnel just barely fits on a 22 neck, any misalignment and the powder spills out around the neck. I wonder if the RCBS 17-20 cal funnel would fit on 22 cal necks. What do you use successfully?
20 cal works for me. No issue. I always use the next size down it seems.

The funnel that I use came in the Pacific Reloading kit that I bought in 1985. Spun aluminum with a reverse 'funnel' for the case neck. Wish that I could find a picture of it on the net. I don't load smaller than .22 so no idea how it would work for smaller. For every case up to .45 it works well. Large loads of IMR podwers can clump up because of the small hole, but it hasn't been too much of a problem. If it becomes one with the rifle that I'm building now I'll buy a .30 from Satern.

As an aside, what is the "fluting" in the A419 funnels all about?

The funnel that I use came in the Pacific Reloading kit that I bought in 1985. Spun aluminum with a reverse 'funnel' for the case neck. Wish that I could find a picture of it on the net. I don't load smaller than .22 so no idea how it would work for smaller. For every case up to .45 it works well. Large loads of IMR podwers can clump up because of the small hole, but it hasn't been too much of a problem. If it becomes one with the rifle that I'm building now I'll buy a .30 from Satern.

As an aside, what is the "fluting" in the A419 funnels all about?
I have the same funnel I think. One of the things I acquired second hand along the way. I do find it can be slow, I just tap the side to resume flow.

I bought a couple of CV oloir coded anodised aluminium from the Forster dealer, not cheap but about 1-1/2" high by 1-1/2" high. Solid as they are machined from stock. Possibly Forster brand. The larger hole reduces blocking making it quicker.

Like @BrentM I find 1 size smaller fits better, seems to sit stable on the neck too and match neck opening closer

One question gangsters.
Does the Satern funnel have a caliber specific hole the full length of the drop or does it neck down at the bottom near the case to the caliber being loaded for?
I know weird question just curious.
Thanks in advance Jim