Powder for 300 wsm

Does anyone have a good load for Superformance loads for a 300 RSAUM? I asked Hodgedon and the technician said no data available.
I know that the OP is asking about the WSM but I just started working on a project with a Remington 700 LTR 20" barrel and 166 Hammer Hunter bullets.
On offense, but you should probably start your own thread so we can keep this one on track.

If you run across RL23 it would be worth a try. Be careful with RL17 and Magpro with temperature swings.
I've loaded some RL23 with my 180's mentioned earlier just to see what I get. I started at 64.5 gr and loaded up to 66 gr. I've shot RL16 up to 64.5 gr with no pressure signs and its HOT in TX now.

Last edited:
I have been using this for several years and it is accurate:

Powder: RL17 - 66.6 grains
Bullet: Barnes TTSX 168 grains
COL: 2.86

I have used this load data in a couple of 300 WSM rifles (Remington & Tikka) and both were sub-moa.
This was the 100 yard target from the above load data. The shot on the right was my fault as I did not have the sand bag firmly secured. The other 4 shots are all touching and I was adjusting my scope with each shot. I cannot find my other target after the final scope adjustments. This load has done well and I use this in my Tikka 300WSM.

Attachments

• 300wsm target.jpg
    300wsm target.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 54
I've been testing StaBALL 6.5 and 165 gr TTSX in my Tikka T3 300 WSM. I got my best groups at .150" off the lands. I've since bought a Mountain Tactical extended bolt catch and magazine. I plan on seeing how it groups at .050, and .075" off the lands. Due to magazine restrictions I started at .086" off.