Powder for 300 Win Mag

I am trying to find a temp insensitive powder for my new 300 win mag. I want to try the 225 ELD and the 215 Berger. 26" barrel.

I have tried to find H1000, Retumbo, RL26, N570, N565, and IMR 8133. No luck on any of these. Any other powders worth trying to find?
I use IMR 7828 and IMR 4350 for the Sierra 200 grain Gamekings and the Speer 200 grain Hotcors. Both will get about 2950 from my 300 winmag and a 24 inch barrel. They get a little more from the 26 incher. But it looks like RL26, 25 and 23 will also work well. Also, IMR 4831 and H4831 will do quite well. The Hodgden manual lists IMR 8133 as the highest velocity with the Berger 230 grain in this cartridge. There are a number of very good powders out there and available for this cartridge and bullet weights of 180gr up to 230 grains.

I run Ramshot with 150-230 grain bullets. Was the second least temp stable powder behind h 1000 in Barnes tests. Only by four FPS.

4831 sc or reloader 22 if you are shooting less than 200 grains.. If you go heavier get some H-1000 or N-570 you can't beat the accuracy or the temp sensitivity. Start looking in your not so obvious stores for powder.. Little hardware stores that have powder sometimes they hold a powder you've been looking for.

I use to load my 300 Win with IMR7828 and always got good results. I since tried RL-26 and got outstanding results with accuracy and velocity with the 180 gr class bullets(3225 ft/sec 175 Barnes LRX 24" barrel). I know it is hard to find, but when you do get enough. It is worth it. Never tried it with the 215-225, but no reason it shouldn't do good.

I'm actually in the process of putting together a new .300 Win Mag build and like others have said H1000, Retumbo, etc has disappeared. I was in my local gun store today buying primers and noticed that there was 5 lbs (same lot) of RL 26 sitting on the shelf. I'm planning on shooting bullets in the 190gr-210gr range and am wondering whether or not I should just relocate all that RL26 to my reloading room. I've never used any Alliant powder for anything so I'm on the fence about it. What say you?

I'm actually in the process of putting together a new .300 Win Mag build and like others have said H1000, Retumbo, etc has disappeared. I was in my local gun store today buying primers and noticed that there was 5 lbs (same lot) of RL 26 sitting on the shelf. I'm planning on shooting bullets in the 190gr-210gr range and am wondering whether or not I should just relocate all that RL26 to my reloading room. I've never used any Alliant powder for anything so I'm on the fence about it. What say you?
would have already done it great powder in a lot of cartridges if it don't work in the 300

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.