Powder Dispenser and scales

Kmccord

Well, my old RCBS Chargemaster I purchased back in 2000 has decided to die mid way through reloading.. I am looking at getting another unit but wanted to see what everyone else is using these days? I plan to get another dispenser scale combo, the old one I had from RCBS was a separate units, I now see them as one whole piece. Are the RCBS still at the top for a combo powder dispenser or has another brand kicked them off the top? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Must be something in the air! My RCBS 1500 Chargemaster is also acting up. It's 12 yrs old. Already ordered another one to replace it. Also found a business out in Arizona (recommended by RCBS) that rebuilds Chargemasters. It's called Lone Mountain Communications. Man's name is Link. Phone number is 520 826 1200.

My Chargemaster is branded RCBS, but it is really made by PACT, and states made in the USA... I see Midsouth has the RCBS Chargemaster, not the Lite, for 299.99, I may get another one, but really wanted to hear what everyone is using these days that may be better.

I have 4. They need to have the dispensing cycle redone (On the net) and these gizmos added to control over/under charges.

I use mine for stick powders and they are dead on every time.

If you have the $$$, it is hard to beat the Autotrickler V3 combined with an A&D FX120i scale. I've probably put something like 10,000 charges through mine with no issues. Being able to adjust charge weight with the phone app is a nice plus. It maybe overkill for many but when I am developing loads and chasing ES/SD I can pretty much cross charge weight variations off the list of variables.
I gave away both my RCBS and Lyman auto charge dispensing set ups after moving over to the Autotrickler V3.

Wish you gave them to me.

With the Ebay gizmos mine are dead on and all 4 agree.

Wish you gave them to me.
I gave them to a local hunter safety instructor who loads for the kids so I'm sure the gifted units are still doing something worthwhile.
I agree not everyone needs/wants to weigh their charges down to the kernel. However, I can't see how eliminating variables in reloading could be a bad thing if someone is interested in long range shooting. If someone is on a limited budget, then it becomes a question of trade offs and where an individual thinks they can get the most improvement for their available budget.
I would also guess that not everyone thinks they need 4 charging dispenser set ups but it sounds like it is working out well for your needs.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.