Powder choice

andycx

Hi there,
I live in France, and it is proving very difficult to source any H4350. I am want advice, possible alternatives. I am shooting 260 Remington with 130 Berger hunting VLDs.
Many thanks, Andy.

IMR 4350, Accurate 4350, Viht N150, Reloader 19 are some powders in the same burn rate that will work.

Last edited:
Reloader 17 is another one to add to the list, plus you'll benefit from the extra velocity. My charges with RL17 are all within a .5 grain of comparable H4350 loads.

Reloader 17 is another one to add to the list, plus you'll benefit from the extra velocity. My charges with RL17 are all within a .5 grain of comparable H4350 loads.

Brent, what kind of velocity spreads (ES) are you getting with the RL-17?

Brent, what kind of velocity spreads (ES) are you getting with the RL-17?

For reference, I use RL17 in the 22-250, 243, 300 WSM, and the 375 Ruger. I have 1/4-1/2 MOA loads for each chambering.

I have been able to tune into single digits on my best loads in 300 WSM and 22-250, the .243 and the 375 Ruger come in at ES of around 15 depending on the day.

Maybe you can get some Norma MRP.
We are shooting it in 260ai with 140grbulletsw with outstanding results.

You might look for the equivalent from ADI listed as AR-2209. Since ADI produces some of Hodgdon's powders it should be very close. It is listed in their chart as their equivalent.

While the copy I have doesn't list in particular the .260, it does list the 6.5x55 which could easily be used to work up comparable loads with. Also here is a link to their contact info, and you can download their latest data in PDF.
ADI Powders

The newest data has quite a extensive listing of loads for the .260 Rem.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.