Powder choice for 25-06

My friend purchased a savage axis and we're going to work on a load for it. He's ordered 98 grain shock hammer bullets. I have a fair selection of powder available but would like to narrow it down to two if possible. IMR 4350,IMR 4831,W760,IMR 7828. Any insights are greatly appreciated, thanks
Are you open to better powders? Like accurate MagPro , ramshot magnum or even r-26

Here's a few:

Attachments

• 664051242.jpg
    664051242.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 85
We shot factory 120 grain cor loct for barrel break in and for the brass and weren't impressed. After reading it has a 1/10 twist I thought he should shoot lighter bullets and recommended the 98 grain. Is this not correct?

Mine is a customized Remm 700BDL with a thumb hole stock and a Douglas supreme target Harrell, no taper. When i do my part it groups around 1/3" with flat based spritzers pushed by H4350 lit by CCI bennchrest primers. At varmint ranges, the boat tail Sierra 90 grain HP are the ticket for this beast. It was designed strictly for long range varmint shooting but once again, when I do my part, it's highly accurate.

We shot factory 120 grain cor loct for barrel break in and for the brass and weren't impressed. After reading it has a 1/10 twist I thought he should shoot lighter bullets and recommended the 98 grain. Is this not correct?
I don't think the 120 corelokt should cause any issues in a 1:10T. The ammo might be garbage but not bc twist isn't compatible with that bullet. Not a bad idea to start with a 100 gr class bullet in 25-06.

My friend purchased a savage axis and we're going to work on a load for it. He's ordered 98 grain shock hammer bullets. I have a fair selection of powder available but would like to narrow it down to two if possible. IMR 4350,IMR 4831,W760,IMR 7828. Any insights are greatly appreciated, thanks
Let us know what worked and a recipe..

I use MRP in my 25-06's with 120gr bullets. Nothing special on case work either. I would be very careful on IMR powder do to Temperature Extremes. I would use the H powders over the IMR powders. Especially if you are where the temperature changes from 100+ to -20.