Powder charge .3gr over or under.

I want to know from people with more knowledge on this matter, I shoot steel out to 1000 yards and hunt out to 700 yards.
My caliber of choice is 308,my question is does .3 grains of powder over or under going to make a difference,I have tested it at 700 yards and still shoot sub MOA also tested few rounds without cleaning primer pockets and still shot sub MOA.
Will that change at longer ranges?

Pretty easy way to get a ballpark idea on it, load 9 rounds, 3 that are .3 under, 3 at your normal load and 3 at .3 over. Shoot them over the chronograph and record the numbers. Run those numbers thru whatever app your using and see what the vertical difference is at 1000 yards between the average FPS of the 3 low charges and the 3 high charges. The 3 "normal" charges are your control to see what your average FPS should be.

If your gonna try it just shoot it at 1,000 to see real world results. Ive seen .3 of a grain not make any difference in FPS even as much as 1 grain in a 338, but I bet the target will be different even if the FPS is the same.

If your gonna try it just shoot it at 1,000 to see real world results. Ive seen .3 of a grain not make any difference in FPS even as much as 1 grain in a 338, but I bet the target will be different even if the FPS is the same.
Yes I will have to do some testing, like I said I tested at 700(not very scientific,just to see if it will hold group) and still shot sub MOA with POI same as before, and I know 308 in my opinion is very forgiving.I will check velocity soon as I get a chance

I've also had a couple rifles were they just didn't like a powder, simply no matter how much powder I put in the case they just didn't go any faster even though they were about 100fps slower untill I switched powder.

I still go back to this old article although it seems that most people do not agree with their results (I say that since there is more talk about adjusting powder to minute levels, adjusting seating, weighing brass etc.).

You have opened a can of worms by asking for opinions.
If your happy, then be happy, and dont worry about making others happy.
It is just mind blowing how forgiving some aspects of reloading really is in real world results once you throw all the scientific stuff out the door and do what works for you, non the less other opinions are fascinating. I never stop learning.

Many good points already made here. I agree that it depends on the node and the powder can influence as well. .3 grains in a 338 lapua is not going to have the same affect as .3 grains in a .308. A decent set of beam scales should be able to keep you closer than +-.3 grains. A chronograph will tell you a lot. When you do your testing, I would recommend loading 5 at each charge weight. 3 shot data always leaves me second guessing myself.

Many good points already made here. I agree that it depends on the node and the powder can influence as well. .3 grains in a 338 lapua is not going to have the same affect as .3 grains in a .308. A decent set of beam scales should be able to keep you closer than +-.3 grains. A chronograph will tell you a lot. When you do your testing, I would recommend loading 5 at each charge weight. 3 shot data always leaves me second guessing myself.
Agreed, my powder charges come out pretty consistent,for what I use,I use Lee perfect powder measure then check on 2 different digital scales, 2 out of 5 charges wil be .1 to .2 over or under.

using a 308 for 1000 is challenging enough without handicapping yourself with poor ammo. you did not say what bullet, what gun, bbl length. alot of variables. 1/10 is a better benchmark( weigh, not thrown) kernal size may allow throwing charges, but not a good idea.