Powder Availability

I tried that and I couldn't find anything about buying primers or powder.
Its not a store.....it just lists links to items that are in stock at stores like
Brownells, Grafs, Midway or whatever. Look for "In Stock Notifications"

Found some IMR4831 at Natchez. Regular price. It too persistence looking tho. I wasn't willing to pay the Highway robbery on the "auction" sites. Just keep lookin. Seems like things might be loosening up?
Also found that Scheels will post where they've got stock, so if they're in your area that may be an option, too. Most of the box stores aren't posting where they've got inventory. Good luck

Last edited:
powder is being made, but a lot of it is going to ammo manufacturers at the moment. Loaded ammunition is starting to come back to the shelves a caliber at a time. Prices are still way up and will stay that way until things settle down. Gun manufacturers are still catching up also. I don't believe we'll see any reliable availability on anything related to firearms until sometime next year and with the present administration in charge, there are a lot of hurdles to cross.
This past week I was able to pick up 20 lbs of powder online and in retail stores. So, availability is coming around. Prices are still high, but they have resided a bit too. However, i did see in one retail store where the owner has changed all his powder prices to $99.99 / lb. I asked if it was a misprint? LOL.

Personally, I think it goes in cycles
a spurts. We had a good cycle in July and August. We had a good but not quite as good cycle in November.

I dont expect to see much now until January. I think all the Retumbo, Varget, H4350 H4895 sales the last 2 weeks were Hodgdons last hurrah in response to my post that rumored they had shut down until 2022. So, I dont expect much now until then. I could be wrong but we'll see. Hodgdons in particular and for sure Alliant and Vihtavuori dont actually manufacture anything in the US.

We might get some VV or Alliant, but I believe Hodgdons is tied up in boats offshore......Again, we'll see.

Like I said before, if its there bring it on!

This past week I was able to pick up 20 lbs of powder online and in retail stores. So, availability is coming around. Prices are still high, but they have resided a bit too. However, i did see in one retail store where the owner has changed all his powder prices to $99.99 / lb. I asked if it was a misprint? LOL.
I was lucky this past weekend in picking up quite an amount of powder from our local Cabelas store , IMR,s 4381 , 4350 and 4320.

I kind of think that a lot of the powders are stuck in the dock's. I look the net all the time. A little now and then. 5.56 ammo is coming down. Now about $0. 56 per round.

I kind of think that a lot of the powders are stuck in the dock's. I look the net all the time. A little now and then. 5.56 ammo is coming down. Now about $0. 56 per round.
That's a great price for the 5.56. Sportsman's had some last week For $19.99/20 rounds. Glad I load my own.

I've had real good luck with bullets, some luck with primers and no luck with powders....must be looking in the wrong places.

The local Cabela's last week had primers. $79.99 a brick. One brick per customer per day. The stock was gone in one day. They and Sportsman's Warehouse also had a couple lbs of powder on the shelf. They both got a lot of loaded ammo. Sportman's had a chit load of 6mm Creedmore. Both loaded and Lapua brass. What's funny, I been thinking that a RPR 6mm Creedmore might be my next rifle.