Powder Availability

check the post in classifieds I just made. H-4350 and VARGET are for sale at Ballistics Products right now.

Thanks for the tip. My 1st time shopping them. Scored a couple of lbs of Varget - something I've needed for my 25 and 6.5 Sherman builds. Eric at LRI called yesterday to tell me they're almost finished.

I have not found any primers or powders available online. They are however sometimes available from major sporting goods stores such as Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops a well as some smaller shops that cater to the reloading crowd. Nothing is always in stock. When supplies show up here are the usual HOGS that grab up all they can leaving nothing for others. Only take what you really need and leave some for others. Recently available at Cabela's has been Federal large rifle magnum primers, CCI small rifle magnum primers, IMR4350, IMR4831, H1000, 742 and 760 Ball, Tite Group, and some others. If you look at the Cabelas catalog you will find nothing available online, everything is in-store only.
For primers, I used this primer locating service back in March when there was no primers to be found online. It was much worse back then. I used them for 2 months until I procured all the primers I needed for a few years . Well more than a few years truth be told. I think it was $9.95 a month at the time. It might be more now. But if it gets you the primers. I have no affiliation with the service. It was started by one of the members on the M14 forum where I have been a member for many years. It worked for me and I would use it again when my stock runs low. There was numerous times I was too late to buy even with the service.
But ultimately I was able to buy 4 or 5 times in that 2 month period and stocked up for what I needed which was large and small rifle primers.
Coming from a software development background I was going to do the same thing these guys do, they beat me to the gate on it but saved me time it would take to do it myself. They aggregate their searches and refresh constantly. When primer come in stock, you get a text message with the link directly to the in stock primer. It was a worthy service for me.

Good luck.👍

Last edited:
After the the component shortage of the Obama era, I vowed to never go thru that again.
It's like trying to buy a generator during a hurricane.

You should join the discord app. There is a group for reloading supplies. I'm on the list to get notifications for bullets, primers, brass, and powder. I get 3-4 notifications a day for each category but they normally sell out within 10 minutes.

I also put in notification of in stock at the individual websites a year ago and have yet to get an email... Discord is definitely the way to go, but be ready to cry when you see the price.

PM me if you need help getting on discord.

Hurricanes aren't man-made and don't last 4+ years at a time. Generators also don't disappear slowly as you use them.
Always be over prepared and then you can just go with the flow.
It's as easy as saving money. When times were good I put a rainy day stash up.
A lot of us did, and by doing so I haven't bought a single pound of powder during the last 3 years. I haven't lost a minute of sleep over it either. Same with bullets primers and cases. I'm not out there competing trying to buy with the guys who have nothing to shoot either.
Being now I could sell it all for probably triple the price I paid, it's got to be the best move I did in reloading since finding my CO-AX for 60$ at a pawn shop.

Last edited:
RE: the discord app

Is this for a phone only, or available for PC also?
I'm guessing phone...

Powder, primers, bullets and cases as well as factory ammo is finding it's way back on the shelves. I, like many others stocked up years ago when components were plentiful and outside of 22LR and .22 Mag haven't wanted for much of anything. As things come back on the shelves buy only what are your immediate needs and leave some for others. If we all do that then maybe next time we go looking there might actually still be some left on the shelves for us to buy.

You should join the discord app. There is a group for reloading supplies. I'm on the list to get notifications for bullets, primers, brass, and powder. I get 3-4 notifications a day for each category but they normally sell out within 10 minutes.

I also put in notification of in stock at the individual websites a year ago and have yet to get an email... Discord is definitely the way to go, but be ready to cry when you see the price.

PM me if you need help getting on discord.
I tried that and I couldn't find anything about buying primers or powder.