• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Powder at Hodgon

I am in full support of getting powder, in fact I picked up the phone and called them directly. There was some 4831 SC available as well as some other odd powders. She offered to sell me 5 eight pounders which I can afford to purchase - the only issue is I dont use 4831SC for anything...and I found myself asking why I should buy it
  1. List it on G*nbr*ker and make a ton of money
  2. Maybe buy it and hope to use it someday
  3. even build a rifle that might shoot it OR
Not buy it and hope that someone who really needs that specific powder can get it - BINGO

This is not an indictment...but more a pay it forward moment in hopes that at some point, the powder I DO NEED is there cause someone else did the same thing

I was able to get 8lbs of MagPro so no more running all over gods green earth hitting local gun shops every weekend looking for powder.

I am in full support of getting powder, in fact I picked up the phone and called them directly. There was some 4831 SC available as well as some other odd powders. She offered to sell me 5 eight pounders which I can afford to purchase - the only issue is I dont use 4831SC for anything...and I found myself asking why I should buy it
  1. List it on G*nbr*ker and make a ton of money
  2. Maybe buy it and hope to use it someday
  3. even build a rifle that might shoot it OR
Not buy it and hope that someone who really needs that specific powder can get it - BINGO

This is not an indictment...but more a pay it forward moment in hopes that at some point, the powder I DO NEED is there cause someone else did the same thing
+1 exactly. and if you do need it just buy enough to take ya a while and don't grab enough for the next 2 years, leaving some for others.

Their entire site is messed up, the reloading data link has crashed also. I was told by email the the system was not designed to handle all the toilet paper hoarding mentality people in the gun world !

Their entire site is messed up, the reloading data link has crashed also. I was told by email the the system was not designed to handle all the toilet paper hoarding mentality people in the gun world !
Not surprised by either the crashing or hoarding. I mean get real, I reload cases that take anywhere from 104.2grs to 4.8grs and mostly shoot ones loaded to 49.0grs that's a 142 rounds per pound and given right now I'm shooting about 20 rounds a week that's 7 weeks or a little over a years worth of shooting from an 8 LB jug. So I don't see the need for grabbing 5-8 pounders, I'd rather get 1 and leave the rest to for my FELLOW shooters. I'm sure in a nano second someone's going to comment they shoot 4000rds a week and need powder by the skid and blah blah blah. To each their own. I think during times like this moderation is the key to helping fellow shooters be able to shoot a little....just my opinion.

Maybe some of the people lucky enough to get to get powder off these sites, instead of paying 1,000% markup on Gun Broker, are sharing the powder with other shooters and hunters in their area? I belong to a private PRS shooting club and all of us do shoot A LOT. Everytime myself or other members of our club get powder, primers, bullets, brass we share it with each other just to get by and hopefully stay current in shooting. Can't go to a competition without pratice and bringing loaded cartridges to shoot. You can burn a barrel out shooting PRS in not time at all. I don't see anyone on thsi site grabbing up 8 pounders, but if I was able to get 8 pounders and it was the powder we all shoot in my group, Yes I would grab up as many as I could to pass out to the shooters in my area.

Maybe they are not really getting all that powder and just jerking everyones chain because the Hodgon site is totally meessed up. It gets really fustrating being on the site for hours. One minute it's in your cart then the next the site crashes. Lighten up. This powder/primer shortage has got alot of people crazy. Whenever I see someone getting powder or primers I say "Thats Great" makes me happy that at least someone is getting powder and feels like things are getting better. I posted that I was just joking around about getting all the 8 pounders.