• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

powder at 3rd gen.

goofy, I looked 2min after you posted and had nothing, maybe it cues it if in a cart for so long?

this is what it is all about, helping each other in these tough times.

please if you get a heads up only buy what you need and not to run to gunbroker or trying to help others becomes worthless

this is what it is all about, helping each other in these tough times.

please if you get a heads up only buy what you need and not to run to gunbroker or trying to help others becomes worthless
Couldn't agree more I can't beleive what stuff is selling for on there and unfortunately because of it us guys just looking to keep shooting are getting shut off. I had to stop searching GB and armslist because the prices were making me angry. I wish I could see the light at the end of the tunnel but cannot yet.

I feel the same about GB. However I may be forced to buy primers there, having no luck anywhere else and have zero now.

I feel the same about GB. However I may be forced to buy primers there, having no luck anywhere else and have zero now.

I saw your message and my eyes wandered over to your location... that's funny... the wife and I were literally driving through your town last week. We spent two nights in a nice cabin on Beaver Lake. I could have stopped and sold you some primers!

After the whole Obama shortage, I swore I wouldn't let that happen to me again. Once the crisis ended, if I was in a gun store and they had .22's or primers for a good price, I bought extra. I started moving around boxes of .22's just a couple days ago and laughed... I bought more over the years than I realized. And I'm always buying a pound or two of extra powder when there is a good deal... hey, look there is a new kind... and then 50% of the time I never even get around to opening the can.

Anyway, I'm neither a hoarder nor a scalper... but I do have more of some stuff than I need right this minute. I'm not adverse to making some money... but I don't like to be attacked as some kind of evil person either. There are people out there with expensive guns that want to shoot them and paying 3x the former retail price for powder or primers is not a big deal. On the other hand, I have zero interest in trying to figure out hazmat shipping!

So the result is I'm sitting on stuff I don't need right now and that I would be happy to take a profit on to buy something else... but I can't figure out a way to do it that is legal, and not more work than it is worth! Seems to me that only sensible way is to find people that are reasonably local that are willing to meet in NE OK to exchange some product for green paper. Or silver!

Any helpful ideas are welcome....

I saw your message and my eyes wandered over to your location... that's funny... the wife and I were literally driving through your town last week. We spent two nights in a nice cabin on Beaver Lake. I could have stopped and sold you some primers!

After the whole Obama shortage, I swore I wouldn't let that happen to me again. Once the crisis ended, if I was in a gun store and they had .22's or primers for a good price, I bought extra. I started moving around boxes of .22's just a couple days ago and laughed... I bought more over the years than I realized. And I'm always buying a pound or two of extra powder when there is a good deal... hey, look there is a new kind... and then 50% of the time I never even get around to opening the can.

Anyway, I'm neither a hoarder nor a scalper... but I do have more of some stuff than I need right this minute. I'm not adverse to making some money... but I don't like to be attacked as some kind of evil person either. There are people out there with expensive guns that want to shoot them and paying 3x the former retail price for powder or primers is not a big deal. On the other hand, I have zero interest in trying to figure out hazmat shipping!

So the result is I'm sitting on stuff I don't need right now and that I would be happy to take a profit on to buy something else... but I can't figure out a way to do it that is legal, and not more work than it is worth! Seems to me that only sensible way is to find people that are reasonably local that are willing to meet in NE OK to exchange some product for green paper. Or silver!

Any helpful ideas are welcome....
I would be more than happy to travel to NE Oklahoma, if you are willing to part with any small rifle primers. I would pay or trade if you need anything that I may have.

IMO, my "dilemma" illustrates why this stupid stuff happens in the first place. I understand Hazmat laws exist to make things safe, I don't think it is a conspiracy or something (!) but the result is that normal supply and demand doesn't work right. If I buy a thousand primers for $35 2-3 years ago... and they have sat in a box in my reloading room ever since... if there is a sudden shortage and people are willing to pay $100... supply and demand should kick in... people sell their extras... and that increases supply and decreases demand... and things slowly normalize. But instead, in both the Obama crisis and now, we end up in this crazy massive shortage where near panic ensures! Scalpers start staking out Walmart and Atwoods, etc... ammo becomes really hard to find... the scalpers are raking in money and making it hard for everybody... while there are just normal honest people with a good supply who aren't adverse to making some extra money... but no obvious way to do it!

I'm pretty sure we all find it very frustrating!!

Gregg

I just went to gunbroker and looked around at small rifle primers. There are people getting bids over $300 for one thousand primers????!!! And they are saying "shipping UPS Ground." Are they just ignoring the Hazmat requirements and shipping improperly or what??

Apparently I can sell some powder and primers and retire!

Gregg

Recent Posts