Powder Alert!

Ya got to sell for what it costs to replace. All depends on availability. Last year I had to trade almost two Varget for every one RL26.
It's a crying shame how the few want to impose their liberal ideas on the everyone. There would not be a shortage of Powder/Primers if it wasn't for Clinton, Obama, Brandon. In all reality it is the people that voted them in that caused all this.
Amen

The only thing worse than a theif is a liar!
Had a neighbor kid trying to run off with 6 deep cycle batteries out of my striper boat one morning around 3am. I caught him in the act. Poor kid was so strung out on dope he forgot that my wife used to babysit him 20 years ago. I don't call the cops. Law enforcement has NEVER helped solve any problem I've ever had. I had a "come to Jesus meeting"with him and his mother the next morning. That was about 2 years ago. He gets paid to mow my yard now and has really turned himself around. Sometimes all somebody needs is a "daddy" and to be taught right from wrong.

I've been watching and reading a lot about where this "economy" is heading and its scary.
Good work sir!!!

Good work sir!!!
Thank you.

One thing this country is seriously lacking is the sense of "community". I'm seeing things on the news from places like Chicago that remind me of images I saw on the news from Bosnia in the 1990s. Every time I watch TV it makes me wish I was born 100 years ago so that I wouldn't have to see what this once great nation has allowed itself to become.

I do what I can to look after the one's around me. My daddy does the same thing and his daddy did also. The "boy" is only 18 years younger than me. No reason to start him down his path in life as a man with a criminal record hanging over his head after getting caught up in addiction and making a bad decision to steal! I'm also thankful it was him that I caught stealing, cause anyone else would have got a metallic high five.56 to the face. I don't know how I'd explain that at the pearly gates. The way i handled this situation gives me a little more credibility with the man up stairs lol.

I refuse to do it.
I want to buy some N565, but I will not pay $95.00 for a pound of it, and I don't want to buy 8# in case it's not what I want. At some point, I might have to pay an outragous price for powder, but I have an ample supply right now and every now and then I find some I can buy without being rap*d to get it.
Great powder unfortunately I only purchased a pound, did load development on the 6.5 PRC then loaded fifty more so none left! And impossible to get more

Back on topic. This is a weird situation as I just bought 5 lbs. of Benchmark first from Powder Valley then 5 lbs. more from MidSouth Shooters and paid $45 plus shipping for each one on Monday. I could have waited 2 days a paid $200 more for exactly the same thing. I really hope this is not the new normal!
Somebody messed up! I think they were trying to make it up.

I hate to say it but I think $50 per pound of powder and $100 per brick of primers is going to be the new normal at least for the next 2 years. That's if you can find the stuff you want.

The silver lining is that this "shortage" is going to lead to new powder companies coming to the marketplace to fill voids and also people experimenting with "new" powder combinations to replace the powders like N570 and RL26 that have become unobtainable.

I hate to say it but I think $50 per pound of powder and $100 per brick of primers is going to be the new normal at least for the next 2 years. That's if you can find the stuff you want.

The silver lining is that this "shortage" is going to lead to new powder companies coming to the marketplace to fill voids and also people experimenting with "new" powder combinations to replace the powders like N570 and RL26 that have become unobtainable.
Good luck with NEW POWDER COMPANIES-there are too many regulations to start a new Manufacturing Operation.

Yep. I wonder why they aren't making N570

After decades of careful evaluation & analysis:rolleyes: (heavy thinking) I determined a quick twist .22-.250 loaded with inexpensive & available ball powder & low-cost pointy bullets was the most cost-effective longish range round for my use - steel & under 50-pound varmints. The .20P using cheap brass, tiny ball powder charges would be selected for smaller targets & shorter ranges.