Powder Alert!

Oh I strip it right down to nothing. I mounted all my stuff so it can come off with too much fuss on my part which means easy peasy from someone who is ******* (I crossed out on my own, easier for Len). Rodholders in tracks, downriggers actually locked onto bases that would require being in boat, opening up access and then working with stopnuts so they are pretty protected. The rod trees are grab and go. The real problem is carrying all this gear down to basement for winter. That is where my back says maybe or not maybe. I have about 6 bags of trolling tackle to hold all the in line boards, flashers, divers etal. You accumulate a lot over 34 years running same boat.

Back on topic! Here is the Accurate-Ramshot manual in PDF so you should be able to download. I think this still has more data than on Hodgdon's site. Notice Hunter for a lot of different cartridges.
The only thing worse than a theif is a liar!
Had a neighbor kid trying to run off with 6 deep cycle batteries out of my striper boat one morning around 3am. I caught him in the act. Poor kid was so strung out on dope he forgot that my wife used to babysit him 20 years ago. I don't call the cops. Law enforcement has NEVER helped solve any problem I've ever had. I had a "come to Jesus meeting"with him and his mother the next morning. That was about 2 years ago. He gets paid to mow my yard now and has really turned himself around. Sometimes all somebody needs is a "daddy" and to be taught right from wrong.

I've been watching and reading a lot about where this "economy" is heading and its scary.

Glad to see you didn't scrounge up all the powder at once and leave the shelves empty for the next guy. I commend you both on that.

I ain't particularly virtuous; there's my budget & all the other stuff I 'need.' Plus 8 lbs @ $43 / lb = $344. About $100 more than an 8lb keg. My Scotch ancestors would 😱👻😱 me.

Seriously, 2 lbs oughta last through load dev and two hunting seasons and we do need to consider other folk.

If the stores had any. I am beginning to look and research different powder to replace what I can't get. Some of those manufactures don't want let out if there powders are single or double base powders, or I couldn't find it. It's my understanding that single base powders are not as subject to temperature change as double base powders. That's probable only partly true. I believe that H 4350 and H 4831, H1000, and Varget are single base powders. The only time I go through primers is developing a load. Trying all the different manufactures primers. I have one that does the job, I don't go any farther. I also don't getting anymore powder that what's need. Generally in 8# lots. I'll stay with 8 lbs for now. Won't try and get 2 8lbs at the same time. I do feel it's better get same lot. I haven't in the pass, and didn't have any problem with the change.
The IRS needing million of rounds of ammo for what? This is the second time this has happen that I know of.

I ain't particularly virtuous; there's my budget & all the other stuff I 'need.' Plus 8 lbs @ $43 / lb = $344. About $100 more than an 8lb keg. My Scotch ancestors would 😱👻😱 me.

Seriously, 2 lbs oughta last through load dev and two hunting seasons and we do need to consider other folk.
If you have a pet load. If developing a round. 2lbs only gets you between somewhere around 260 to 180 loads. That also depends on grains per round. The 218 Bee might be the ticket. I can just see it now. I got my 1200 lbs moose at a 1000yds and running with my 40gr bullet. 🤣

Just on Hodgon's website and they have popular powders but the prices are super high.
Is this the new normal?
I refuse to do it.
I want to buy some N565, but I will not pay $95.00 for a pound of it, and I don't want to buy 8# in case it's not what I want. At some point, I might have to pay an outragous price for powder, but I have an ample supply right now and every now and then I find some I can buy without being rap*d to get it.

Ya got to sell for what it costs to replace. All depends on availability. Last year I had to trade almost two Varget for every one RL26.
It's a crying shame how the few want to impose their liberal ideas on the everyone. There would not be a shortage of Powder/Primers if it wasn't for Clinton, Obama, Brandon. In all reality it is the people that voted them in that caused all this.

If you have a pet load. If developing a round. 2lbs only gets you between somewhere around 260 to 180 loads. That also depends on grains per round....

Been loading my own almost 30 yrs, guess Providence has smiled on me. From the beginning I've picked a bullet, consulted multiple load manuals to select a powder providing higher velocity (frequently results in 90% plus case fill @ max charge), started about halfway between min & max charges & worked up to pressure.

Best accuracy is USUALLY 4 -6% below published max. Pretty much always
gotten good results with Federal 210's in Large Rifle & Rem 7-1/2 Small Rifle so mostly standardized on 'em; sometimes test 215's with ball powder.

I pay attention to detail (kinda OCD) & have a technical background - aviation, photography & IT. One lesson flying has impressed on me is "When what you're doing isn't producing the desired results, TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT instead of doubling down." If a given powder & bullet ain't working in a known accurate rifle I avoid chasing my tail.

Been able - so far - to achieve desired accuracy, typically consistent <MOA at 600 Yds & in, without singlehandedly keeping component makers in business.

Certainly there are LRH members who shoot greater distances, have tighter accuracy goals - and both, as the two are bound to each other. But so far I've not gone through a pound of powder, or close to it, without putting together a load I can shoot at game with confidence.

As Inspector Harry Callahan said, "A man has got to know his limitations."

Been loading my own almost 30 yrs, guess Providence has smiled on me. From the beginning I've picked a bullet, consulted multiple load manuals to select a powder providing higher velocity (frequently results in 90% plus case fill @ max charge), started about halfway between min & max charges & worked up to pressure.

Best accuracy is USUALLY 4 -6% below published max. Pretty much always
gotten good results with Federal 210's in Large Rifle & Rem 7-1/2 Small Rifle so mostly standardized on 'em; sometimes test 215's with ball powder.

I pay attention to detail (kinda OCD) & have a technical background - aviation, photography & IT. One lesson flying has impressed on me is "When what you're doing isn't producing the desired results, TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT instead of doubling down." If a given powder & bullet ain't working in a known accurate rifle I avoid chasing my tail.

Been able - so far - to achieve desired accuracy, typically consistent <MOA at 600 Yds & in, without singlehandedly keeping component makers in business.

Certainly there are LRH members who shoot greater distances, have tighter accuracy goals - and both, as the two are bound to each other. But so far I've not gone through a pound of powder, or close to it, without putting together a load I can shoot at game with confidence.

As Inspector Harry Callahan said, "A man has got to know his limitations."
I work on accuracies and velocity. and ES, & SD. I would rather change than fight. Most of my reloading has been Fed-210 primer. I have step up this last year and acquired new reloading equipment or a major up date. I generally use H powders. Had a problems over 20 years ago with IMR powder and temperature change. I had develop a load for a rifle in the late winter and hadn't used it until early summer. Temp changed from 50's to 100's It put a primer out of the case into the action. It was a very tight group and 100fps faster than the H powder. Gave away about 16lbs of IMR powder and never used it again. I'll never cross that bridge again. I have gotten a pound here and there of other powders to try, but mostly single base powders. I hunt in weather from -20 to 100+. It isn't a real big problem is you are under 500yds, but extended distance it can be come a big problem. I did a lot of the tricks to my cases them and much better now. Put in a lot more controls on my reloading. Just have to be careful, and take the time to get it right.

I think we all got a lesson this time around, I am currently good on projectiles for life, could use some more primers and of course some powder. I am loading Accurate 4350 now to fill the void of H4350 and IMR 4350 it is working out well.
Check out Midsouth. Be quick about it.

Ya got to sell for what it costs to replace. All depends on availability. Last year I had to trade almost two Varget for every one RL26.
It's a crying shame how the few want to impose their liberal ideas on the everyone. There would not be a shortage of Powder/Primers if it wasn't for Clinton, Obama, Brandon. In all reality it is the people that voted them in that caused all this.
Maybe you forgot about a certain 5 time fake draft dodging gutless coward that imposed a massive tariff on Hodgdon ...just incase you forgot... and it's the reloading components industry that has caused the outrageous price increase... 8% inflation vs $ 200-800% increases in components...not the politicians but the corporate greed that responsible..

Maybe you forgot about a certain 5 time fake draft dodging gutless coward that imposed a massive tariff on Hodgdon ...just incase you forgot... and it's the reloading components industry that has caused the outrageous price increase... 8% inflation vs $ 200-800% increases in components...not the politicians but the corporate greed that responsible..
Kind of funny how they reversed everything else the man did except that pesky tariff. Just saying. lol