Powder Alert!

Wow... I guess we either are gun poor or powder poor...

1664212093110.png

H1000 has been MIA for some time now and I guess Hodgon needs to make a little more money these days.
Waiting has not worked for me and all I have of H1000 is one pound and that won't go far.
I guess I may need to re-visit Hodgen's website.
I did not realize how hard it was to get. Till recently. I could have bought 5 lb at an Estate sale. Now I'm regretting not buying it. lol Being new to reloading I didn't realize it's importance. It won't happen again.

Last edited:
Why should we expect anything different? Look at the price of everything else we have to purchase. Until we get a hold of inflation, government spending and my favorite…hoarding, then either dig a little deeper or sit on the sidelines waiting and waiting.
Federal ammunition just get a new Govt contract ? I would not expect much from them. 5 year $114 million contract. Do you think this will help US ?

Last edited:
.243 is coming out more often than not. One of the steps I have been taking is looking at load tables to see which powders use less but close in performance to higher charge powders. Kind of interesting to see 3-5 gr savings per load but yet still getting decent performance. Ramshot powders in certain cartridges seem to do that. But Ramshot is not normally in load manuals to any great extent.

💩 did I just mess up supply?

Recent Posts