Powder 6.5 PRC

Obviously the magic powder for velocity is RL26. I havnt been able to find it, I can get my hands on RL25 which has given me a load to push 140's at 3050 with 1/2 MOA groups out to 800 (farthest I got). Worth a look.

H4350
H1000
Reloader 26
these all have worked for me and use the Horndy reloading manual for starting points and work up..
Where are you finding H4350 data? I've reviewed a couple sources and the new Hornady data on the app and don't see loads with anything that fast.

I'm having really good results with vitavouri N165 with 124 gr hammer hunters 3300 fps with a 26 in proof mainly a hunting rifle I have other powders but chose that one because it burns cool and clean at least that is what I understand was really surprised at the velocity one 6.5 prc is a 1-7.5 twist Bartlein and the other 6.5 prc is a proof 1-8 twist

I didn't have any rl26 when i worked up loads for both of our 6.5 prc. Found h4831 worked out amazing. .3 moa. With the 140 berger. Haven't shot lighter yet. 3053 fps. Both the ruger American go wild and wife's browning hells canyon shoot this load amazingly. Just an option if rl26 or h1000 aren't available. I bought a custom 6.5 prc on here from blackjack that he had loads worked up with h1000. Holy crap. Talk about bugholes. Just my $.02

Going out to test three powders in my 6.5 PRC this afternoon. I will be testing Retumbo and RL-26 under the 129gr. Barnes LRX. Will also be testing the Hornady 143gr. ELD-x and the 160gr. Matrix (very similar to Berger 156gr. EOL). Will post my results here.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.