• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Powder @ 3rd Gen Shooting Supply - MORE POWDER THIS MORNING 5/4/2021

Just picked up some 143 eld-x from them Have never ordered from them are they good to go?
This is only my second transaction with them, the first was excellent, I thought my order might of not went through so I called and as crazy as it sounds, a real person answered and confirmed my order and it was sent as fast as anyone.

3rd Generation is Gene Sears supply. As I understand it, he's the hub for the local stores. BPS, Cabelas and H&H shooting sports to name a few. I've been in his shop and warehouse. It's pretty amazing. and that any thing is hitting the online store is a good sign. they've been so overwhelmed with orders, they've only been selling it to walk ins.

Does anyone have any idea of what their hazmat and shipping charges are? They don't show their charges and I feel like I am just giving them a blank check to charge anything they want. They are already $5 per pound higher than Powder Valley. I just like to know how much something is total before getting charged.

Does anyone have any idea of what their hazmat and shipping charges are? They don't show their charges and I feel like I am just giving them a blank check to charge anything they want. They are already $5 per pound higher than Powder Valley. I just like to know how much something is total before getting
When I bought from them, it shows $0 for shipping....🤷‍♂️ I assumed the shipping was free and that's why the price was a little higher than PV

Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea of what their hazmat and shipping charges are? They don't show their charges and I feel like I am just giving them a blank check to charge anything they want. They are already $5 per pound higher than Powder Valley. I just like to know how much something is total before getting charged.
Shipping and hazmat is added after the sale. I assume they don't have a sophisticated enough software/website to calculate shipping and obviously don't do a flat rate shipping. On my order from last Friday, shipping and hazmat was $43.35. That was for 17lbs of assorted powders shipped from their location to Boise, ID (works out to $2.25 per LB). I compared the actual charge on my credit card vs. the total powder costs. *No sales tax was collected.

Powder Valley pricing is great. On my last powder order from them it was $35.90 for shipping/hazmat. That was for 10lbs (that worked out to $3.59/lb). I always spread my shipping & hazmat cost over each pound of powder. I usually hold off ordering powder online unless I can get enough volume to spread that fee out over many pounds.

I ordered 4 boxes of 143 eld -x yesterday, got tracking today & shipping came out to $23.02. To me shipping was a little high but The bullets were a great price. Total to my door was $42.45 per box. Compare that to the last 2 boxes I bought from Midway $57.35 per box to my door

Last edited:
Shipping and hazmat is added after the sale. I assume they don't have a sophisticated enough software/website to calculate shipping and obviously don't do a flat rate shipping. On my order from last Friday, shipping and hazmat was $43.35. That was for 17lbs of assorted powders shipped from their location to Boise, ID (works out to $2.25 per LB). I compared the actual charge on my credit card vs. the total powder costs. *No sales tax was collected.

Powder Valley pricing is great. On my last powder order from them it was $35.90 for shipping/hazmat. That was for 10lbs (that worked out to $3.59/lb). I always spread my shipping & hazmat cost over each pound of powder. I usually hold off ordering powder online unless I can get enough volume to spread that fee out over many pounds.
I bought 12lbs from Powder Valley two weeks ago (yes got very lucky) and as you show above Hazmat $19.95 and $13.95 shipping. 3rd Generation has been good on bullets as well as buster2765 states above. Just wanted to know approx hazmat & shipping fees for powder. Thank you for the info!