Potential First Timer

I've got a 300PRC that I could reach out and touch them with but feel a 225gr pill at 2850gps might be a touch overkill. That said I'll probably ring the rifle for some long range target shooting if hunting is successful early on in the trip. I'm debating on starting a 280AI build for future western hunting trips.
My friend and I used my 6.5 x 284 NormaWith burger 140 grain VLD hunting bullets 2980 fps

I've got a 300PRC that I could reach out and touch them with but feel a 225gr pill at 2850gps might be a touch overkill. That said I'll probably ring the rifle for some long range target shooting if hunting is successful early on in the trip. I'm debating on starting a 280AI build for future western hunting trips.
Don't be afraid to run a larger caliber if its what you're comfortable with. Ive shot a couple antelope with my 7mm Rem Mag pushing 180 Bergers around 3060 and had very little meat loss. Stay off the leg bone and you'll be fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.