Postal match

Ok, I just have to ask. What is a Postal Match?
It's a rifle or pistol match it's on the honor system you shoot your targets then send in your scores and or targets by mail or on line depends on how the percipients want to do it at the end of the season total all scores up see who wins it can be just for fun or a fee can be charged and prize money sent out again it's up to the people shooting it's something to do some of us don't have matches close to home to closest I have to shoot a match is two hour ride one way and to do that once or twice a year is fine but the postal match can be done weekly or monthly let me know if your interested

It's a rifle or pistol match it's on the honor system you shoot your targets then send in your scores and or targets by mail or on line depends on how the percipients want to do it at the end of the season total all scores up see who wins it can be just for fun or a fee can be charged and prize money sent out again it's up to the people shooting it's something to do some of us don't have matches close to home to closest I have to shoot a match is two hour ride one way and to do that once or twice a year is fine but the postal match can be done weekly or monthly let me know if your interested
To those that are interested here's my email it's easier that way I can contact those that want to and we can start from there [email protected] let me know

I run long range matches in Rawlins, WY and though of this due to COVID. I have spoken to the nra and they will support it so it can actually become an approved match. I was thinking 600 yard only because the people I shoot with are F class shooters.
Personally I like the pistol shoot format. There are a group of us who shoot 500, 750 and 1000 yards with "pistols" off of a bench. We hold a 3 day match every year in Sundance, WY. So there are about 30 of us in the group. It's call the MOA Cold Turkey Pistol Match. Can't find an active to the program but this article does a fair job of explaining it. HTTPS://sierrabullets.wordpress.com/2015/06/19/moa-cold-turkey-1000-yard-handgun-match-report/nk

I would totally support the idea of the postal match. With pistols, even better. Or have a rifle and a pistol category.

I run long range matches in Rawlins, WY and though of this due to COVID. I have spoken to the nra and they will support it so it can actually become an approved match. I was thinking 600 yard only because the people I shoot with are F class shooters.
Personally I like the pistol shoot format. There are a group of us who shoot 500, 750 and 1000 yards with "pistols" off of a bench. We hold a 3 day match every year in Sundance, WY. So there are about 30 of us in the group. It's call the MOA Cold Turkey Pistol Match. Can't find an active to the program but this article does a fair job of explaining it. HTTPS://sierrabullets.wordpress.com/2015/06/19/moa-cold-turkey-1000-yard-handgun-match-report/nk

I would totally support the idea of the postal match. With pistols, even better. Or have a rifle and a pistol category.
I was looking at rifle the problem is I only have 200yd range not sure what others would think about using Reduced targets let's see what others think those that seem interested I'll send a private message try and get everybody involved on one email and work from there let me know

If anyone is interested send your e-mail address to Gater9359@gmail .com that way we can get a conversation between everyone then we can iron out some rules

Ranch Dog's postal match from shootersforum ?

Perhaps carried over from shootersforum.....I can't remember.On 24hourcampfire, the originator "fatfingered" the keyboard....it came out "Poatal Match"! He was a bit embarrassed, and was a few years living it down! The first several matches, some folks even donated gifts to the winners of the segments! The winner of the shoot I'm going describe won a Marlin Guide Gun! We had some pretty good shoots, some attempting to simulate a hunting situation. Most often it involved, timed shots on target, from various distances, shooting rests. One event, consisted of 3 standing targets, the farthest @ 10 yards. Each has a 4"x4" square kill zone. The farthest is straightaway @ 10 yards, the 2nd is @ 7 yards, offset 5 yards on of center, the 3rd target was @ 5 yards away, offset 5 yards to the opposite side of center line. Using a bolt action rifle in a cross chest carry, when timer is started.....you have 8 seconds to engage the three targets. Your score is a combined measurement of distance off center for the three targets. I may have some details wrong....but I'm pretty close! memtb

A postal match has unlimited possibilities. Are you thinking from a bench, prone or possibly even 3P to simulate hunting positions?

Both the NRA & CMP will sanction postal matches, but only if you are following one of their official courses of fire. But it would not be difficult to organize a match with whatever rules you want to set.

My daughter competes in both 3P Smallbore and 10m International air rifle postal matches frequently. In fact the last one she was in was won by world record holder and 2021 Olympian Lucas Kozeniesky. Matches will often have middle schoolers, senior citizens, ncaa rifle team members, and occasionally Olympians all shooting in the "same" match.

The majority of the postal matches I have seen are conducted using Orion paper targets. Competitors pay a small fee to have "official" bar coded targets mailed to them. They shoot them at their home range, them mail them back by the deadline. The targets are then scored by a computer and the results posted online at www.orionresults.com. The limitation would be that somebody would have to have access to a Orion scoring system. (Thousands of rifle clubs have them)

What could make this a VERY interesting match is conducting it on a target with multiple bullseyes. For example, you could use a NRA A-17 50 foot 3P smallbore target, which has 10 individual bulls, and shoot it at 200 yds. A NRA 50 yard 3p smallbore target would be easier, but much harder and more expensive to mail out. Point of aim would change between every shot. It would be a great test of who can hit what they are aiming for, rather than who has the tightest shooting gun.

I highly suggest to (re)acquaint yourself with the website rules. Sadly, most people don't. Two got permanently booted in about a month and a half for not adhering to it.
If I am breaking rules please let me know as that's not my intention

If I am breaking rules please let me know as that's not my intention
There is nothing wrong with your post. I am simply saying most have probably never read the LRH rules. Most LRH members have the best intentions, including @26Reload. It was probably a slipped on his part, and thus got a warning - 2 months ban. This is nothing new; at one time, many members got a temporary ban, but some managed to find themselves on a permanent ban when they got out of it. "Golden Rule" rocks!

There is nothing wrong with your post. I am simply saying most have probably never read the LRH rules. Most LRH members have the best intentions, including @26Reload. It was probably a slipped on his part, and thus got a warning - 2 months ban. This is nothing new; at one time, many members got a temporary ban, but some managed to find themselves on a permanent ban when they got out of it. "Golden Rule" rocks!
Ive been temp banned before myself. Don't even remember what for now. But the one in this thread, he just made a joke. I dont think he meant it the way it was taken, but like you said, maybe a slip.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.