Postal match

Gater

Was wondering if anyone was interested in getting a 200 yard postal match together if so let me know

Could be a real good time! I know that it was once popular on another forum.....though, by a slightly different name (spelling)! 🙂. memtb

This topic came up a little while back over on Accurateshooter.com, I believe Randy Wise was the one who prompted the discussion.

The big debate had to do with equipment requirements. What would be the allowable barrel length? As Randy pointed out over on Accurateshooter, it would probably be best to restrict barrel lengths to under 16". This prevents the "pistol grip rifle" view of the sport. As much as I love my 20" 338 SnipeTac specialty pistol, it meets all the legal definitions of a rifle, just with a pistol grip. Keeping the barrel lengths limited to under 16" would ensure that actual handguns (or SBRs I suppose) would be used.

This topic came up a little while back over on Accurateshooter.com, I believe Randy Wise was the one who prompted the discussion.

The big debate had to do with equipment requirements. What would be the allowable barrel length? As Randy pointed out over on Accurateshooter, it would probably be best to restrict barrel lengths to under 16". This prevents the "pistol grip rifle" view of the sport. As much as I love my 20" 338 SnipeTac specialty pistol, it meets all the legal definitions of a rifle, just with a pistol grip. Keeping the barrel lengths limited to under 16" would ensure that actual handguns (or SBRs I suppose) would be used.

Sorry, I was thinking you meant "pistol" matches and just mistyped it! LOL
Regardless, Yorke brings up a good point. What, if any, equipment restrictions would there be? Have you given this much thought? NRA rules? Or are you just putting a feeler out there? I might be interested.

Regardless, Yorke brings up a good point. What, if any, equipment restrictions would there be? Have you given this much thought? NRA rules? Or are you just putting a feeler out there? I might be interested.
Putting a feeler out more than anything. If enough people show an interest then we can decide how it should be run and what rules should and shouldn't use. My thoughts where along the lines of a benchrest match but it depends on what shows the most intrest

Putting a feeler out more than anything. If enough people show an interest then we can decide how it should be run and what rules should and shouldn't use. My thoughts where along the lines of a benchrest match but it depends on what shows the most intrest
Keep us posted. Not much faith I'd do very well against alot of folks here, but I'm interested.

Keep us posted. Not much faith I'd do very well against alot of folks here, but I'm interested.
Will do same here I am not the best shot on the block but shooting is something I truly enjoy. I live in the armpit of the nation Illinois so right now it's not shooting weather was thinking March ?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.