Post a photo of your Cerakoted SP

K9TXS

I have all the parts for my upcoming SP ordered. The action came in today. Everything else is awaiting arrival.

I was first going to give the action and barrel a high polished, but have decided to go with a Cerakote finish.

I've looked at the sample finishes Cerakote has listed, but it's very hard to tell what the SP would look like.

The colors I've seen on the barreled actions so far are;

Black
Flat Black
Burt Bronze
Coyote Tan
Flat Dark Earth
Graphite & Titanium (G action & T barrel)
Tungsten

Those of your that have a Cerakoted SP, could you please post a photo here.

Thank you.

FDE slide (not an SP), G19, 60 yards
20200426_101846.jpg

Here are a few that I found over on the Specialty Pistol Forum.
These are really some nice looking Cerakote jobs.

Attachments

• black cerakote.jpg
    black cerakote.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 175
  • Burnt Bronze.jpg
    Burnt Bronze.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 176
  • Flat Black.jpg
    Flat Black.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 174
  • Flat Dark Earth Cerakote.jpg
    Flat Dark Earth Cerakote.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 202
  • Graphite & titanium.jpg
    Graphite & titanium.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 174
  • Tungsten.jpg
    Tungsten.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 161
just go to the cerakote web site-- they used to get a few free sample chips, and then if you wanted more you could buy them for a few bucks of shipping fees -- that's what I did when I was trying to figure out what colors I wanted to use on my rifle stock-- ordered up a 1/2 dozen sample chips and then put them all right next to each other to compare colors to see what accented best

remember they have several different types too-- air dry, bake, 500 deg, 800 deg, 1500 deg,elite series, H series, C series, etc--make sure you get the one you want (all colors are not available in all types)

just go to the cerakote web site-- they used to get a few free sample chips, and then if you wanted more you could buy them for a few bucks of shipping fees -- that's what I did when I was trying to figure out what colors I wanted to use on my rifle stock-- ordered up a 1/2 dozen sample chips and then put them all right next to each other to compare colors to see what accented best

remember they have several different types too-- air dry, bake, 500 deg, 800 deg, 1500 deg,elite series, H series, C series, etc--make sure you get the one you want (all colors are not available in all types)

I didn't know sample chips were available. Thanks for the info. How big are the chips?

about 2" x 3" iirc

here are complete swatch sets : https://www.cerakote.com/shop/cerakote-swatch-sets

they used to have a "sample tile" section but I cant seem to find it -- maybe just call or email them and ask if they still do free sample tiles [email protected]

if you had the proper "authority" you could order the gen II NiR coatings so your gun can't be seen with infrared technology

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.