Post 2...Swaro vs Vectronix

Thanks for the info. I fired off a letter to Vectronix looking for an "authorized " dealer here in the US. I don't want to pis around with units that were imported illeagaly...I like my warrantee!! I have yet to get a responce. I live 5 miles from Canada, but don't want to got through the hassle at the border.

Does anyone know of a dealer here in the US?

Thanks,
Tod

I just ordered a Terrapin today from Potomac River Group. They are very nice people to do business with. Above and beyond. The current price of the Terrapin thru them is $1840 + $20 for next day shipping. They did a group buy for members on Snipershide several months ago. It went off without a hitch.

Alina Hussey
Contract Support Administrator

POTOMAC RIVER GROUP - West

571-234-1PRG (1774)

Thanks for the info. I fired off a letter to Vectronix looking for an "authorized " dealer here in the US. I don't want to pis around with units that were imported illeagaly...I like my warrantee!! I have yet to get a responce. I live 5 miles from Canada, but don't want to got through the hassle at the border.

Does anyone know of a dealer here in the US?

Thanks,
Tod

Yes and if you are in the United States, you should deal with Potamac Group.
I was not trying to get you to try to import one from Canada, just helping my fellow country men.

I just ordered a Terrapin today from Potomac River Group. They are very nice people to do business with. Above and beyond. The current price of the Terrapin thru them is $1840 + $20 for next day shipping. They did a group buy for members on Snipershide several months ago. It went off without a hitch.

Alina Hussey
Contract Support Administrator

POTOMAC RIVER GROUP - West

571-234-1PRG (1774)

Good stuff. i called them at a little after 4:00 Central....closed. My guess is with "Potomac River" in theit title that they are on the east coast. Left my name and number.

Thanks again!!
Tod

Well, I "pulled the trigger" on the Vectronix today. I was actully watching a fair buck on my 1065 yard bait pile when the young lady returned my call. I read off the CC# with one eye and had the other in my Licea Spotting scope!!

All that is left is to send Swaro my rangefinder for a good going over/check up and sell it.

Thanks for the help/imput guys!!

Tod

I ranged out to 2800 out of my shack in krappy conditions, quit measuring, and giggled. Tryed it out a couple of hours later...ranged to around 3300, quit again, and giggled more. I got curious again, so about 1:15 before sunset I took it out .... 4848 yards...three times in a row at the same knob and quit again. 4848 yards!!!! ***!! That is twice as far as any sholder fired gun I will ever shoot will go. I saw absolutly no need to try and hit anything further. Hell I even got repeatable readings through dirty double layer windows looking directly into the sun out to over 2000 yards.

So, to say I like it would be a slight understatement!!

Thanks again,
Tod

Yes, I baught the Terrapin. As far as ranging on flat land, I don't know. I was banging on open hill sides in wooded hills. But for me, that is where you see the deer. But like was said earlier..it is in a whole another class compared to my Licea and Swaro!!!

I have had most of the better range finders, plrf15, swaro, leica 1600, and the swaro el range. I use the swaro ranging binos for most everything now and only break out the vectronix for extreme long range stuff. I do not need to be able to range 5600 yards, the furthest I have ever ranged with the plrf15, but it is nice to be able to get a range on an animal past 1000. They are definately in different classes. I am probably going to part with the plrf15s and upgrade to the vector ranging binos.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts