• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Possible trade? Tikka T3X Tac A1 6.5 Creedmoor

SavageScott

The title really says it all. Looking for possible trades for my Tikka T3x Tac A1 (6.5 Creedmoor). It has 1 box of match ammo through it; only bought it a few weeks ago. It's in GREAT SHAPE; pretty much like new!

Why am I looking to trade? Well right after I bought it my son decides to tell me he FINALLY wants to try hunting with me, which I've been waiting years for him to express interest. I have 1 good hunting rifle, but surely can't use the Tikka for the #2 rifle.

I posted a thread about this rifle's accuracy a few weeks ago. It's incredible and I've personally never seen anything like it. It pains me to even THINK of trading it, but I'll see what is out there I guess.

I'm only interested in the calibers below....... thanks for looking! Rifle only included..... no scope.

30-06, 300 WSM, 300 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor, 7MM Rem Mag

Attachments

• 20180921_105156.jpg
    20180921_105156.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
  • 20180921_112359.jpg
    20180921_112359.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
  • 20180921_121944.jpg
    20180921_121944.jpg
    920.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 20180921_105132.jpg
    20180921_105132.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
Why can't you hunt with it? I would..It would be perfect for sitting on a point
watching..
Yea it would be possible if I hunted anywhere but NY. This thing would darn near kill me dragging it through thick brush and up and down hilly state land. I've thought about it trust me....... I may just have to suck it up and do it.

Yea, trust me I am. I can't believe I'm even thinking this.

But, I can't swing buying another hunting rifle before hunting season........ that's just not in the cards.

However if my son says he wants to hunt, then I'd trade a million rifles just like it to spend the time with him outdoors and doing something other than video games.......

My only fear is that I take this and I just can't shoulder it in time to make a clean hit on a deer. Around here on state land the deer are often quick to run and you usually kick them up ....... not like on the hunting shows where the shooter could just as easily walk up and stab the deer because they are calm and used to being fed.......

Any way to borrow a rifle to get through the season, save up before next year and still be able to hang on to the Tikka?

Hmmm. Guess I never really thought of that. Doubtful though as I hunt alone and most of the people I know just don't hunt.......

You guys are definitely starting to change my mind on this! :)

You know what, I think you all are onto something here. I guess maybe I "jumped the gun" on this one...... (see what I did right there :cool::p:D)

Going to have the Admin take this down. Dumb, dumb, dumb on my part! Thanks guys!

Not dumb but that's a good call. Id suffer through hunting with it just to be able to enjoy it the rest of the year if it were me. I sent you a PM.

I would like to see you hold onto a rifle you love so much, I would be more than happy to loan you a rifle for your son, I will even ship it on my dime. I have been in your shoes when younger and always willing to help a young gun nut out. Let me know,
Billy

Hey Billy--- very much appreciate the offer man, but I'll figure it out. The absolute worst that can come out of this is being winded and sore from lugging the rifle around!

It was awesome for you to offer not many people would do that!!!