Possible to rechamber 22-250 to 22 creedmore?

OzRanger

Hey guys,
I have a donor rifle given to me in 22-250 that is in otherwise good condition.
I have a few hundred spare cases of 6mm creedmore given to me as well, that I don't use. (I don't have one.) I already have a big 6 (6mm-06).
The twist rate is 1:12, but that doesn't worry me cause I like high speed varmint loads anyway. Gimme a 40/50gr doing 4000+ any day... yummo!

I was wondering is it possible to simply run a 22 creed reamer into the chamber of a 22-250 and pop out a new barrel? Or will the tennon have to be machined back and re-fit... meaning basically the same cost of a new barrel.

Thanks for your help.
Jim.

Hey guys,
I have a donor rifle given to me in 22-250 that is in otherwise good condition.
I have a few hundred spare cases of 6mm creedmore given to me as well, that I don't use. (I don't have one.) I already have a big 6 (6mm-06).
The twist rate is 1:12, but that doesn't worry me cause I like high speed varmint loads anyway. Gimme a 40/50gr doing 4000+ any day... yummo!

I was wondering is it possible to simply run a 22 creed reamer into the chamber of a 22-250 and pop out a new barrel? Or will the tennon have to be machined back and re-fit... meaning basically the same cost of a new barrel.

Thanks for your help.
Jim.
I think you can just ream the barrel to a CM and you will be fine. But I'll double check tomorrow for sure.

Thanks Grizz!

Just country, Why convert it?
I want to ream it out myself for a gift/something special for someone. He has a lot of guns but doesn't have this. It would be perfect for his property where ranges are stepping out a bit.

Thanks Grizz!

Just country, Why convert it?
I want to ream it out myself for a gift/something special for someone. He has a lot of guns but doesn't have this. It would be perfect for his property where ranges are stepping out a bit.
I just checked yes you can take your 22-250 and ream it out to a cm. Just be careful that you don't go too far.

Having re-chambered a few used barrels makes me think twice before I do one.
IMHO, I would look it over good with a borescope first. Hardened firecracked barrels are tough on a reamer.
Good project though.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.