possible to make a savage 111 270 tacical build?

ski0617

I recently picked up a savage model 111 270 for a good price ($200) and I am wondering what i can do to make it more of a tactical/sniper look. dont want to go overboard on price but just wondering if it would be worth it. any input will be nice. thanks!gun)

Hey bud, the 270 is a great cartridge. I have a 1985 winchester carbine. I don't know exactly what you want to do, but I glass bedded mine, and just finished a trigger job on it. Just tune it up, and make it shoot good, and work on your pet loads. Enjoy it. Jack o conner would.

i need to get a new trigger anyway because it is halfway broke, still fires properly. i was just trying to see if there is a tactical looking stock for it and maybe a bolt knob. either way i can just leave it the way it is. only reason i picked it up is because it was a good deal. didnt need it.

I bought a savage 270win last year. It was a stock rifle. It now is a 6.5-284. I put a bigger bolt knob from midway on it and ordered a choate stock from tactical solitions. The stock cost about 225$ andthe knob was 25. The possibilities are endless with that rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.