Possible New State Record Mulie

RICHARD PERRETT

I might add that I think all trophy bucks killed in the midwest that eat off corn or alfalfa fields during antler growth should go in a separate record book also because that is not a natural habitat! Yeaa Right !

Mustang72

Some of the people making comments have never been to west tx,let alone hunted it. They aren't really doing anything all their neighbors aren't doing. It's not really much of an advantage,so much as keeping yourself from being at a disadvantage. I greatly prefer hunting on public land because it is truly hunting,but out here when I am ready to fill my freezer then I put a bag of corn out. Not the same and don't enjoy it as much but it is affective,and not many other options round here.
I would love to see a public land record book!

adam32

What a bunch of envious cry babies. Sounded like game management to me. How's it working out for y'all letting the state doing all the game managing for ya.
Game management on ONE specific piece of property with the sole intent of growing a record buck...and then getting special permission to kill it out of season...I'm glad other states don't allow that type of BS "management".

RICHARD PERRETT

Game management on ONE specific piece of property with the sole intent of growing a record buck...and then getting special permission to kill it out of season...I'm glad other states don't allow that type of BS "management".
Here is how it works. Land owners who work with and sign contracts with the texas parks and wildlife have extended seasons. Land owners who present the state a approved wildlife management plan that may include such things as brush control, watering site development, food plots etc. Land owners must turn in a estimate or count of the deer population and sex specific once a year and the state sets the number of Deer that may be harvested every year on that PRIVATE property. This state/private program has greatly increased the quality and and quantity of Deer in Texas in the past 20 years. Normal deer season in Texas ends the first week of January but on the managed private ground it ends the end of February. Just took my son last week deer hunting on a good friends managed private land. As far as trying to grow record bucks you are suggesting that they try and grow Dog Deer? I will assume Adam that you do not understand the meaning of the word "management".

257Tony

I think many people, ok most people, tend to fixate on the hunter, instead of the animal. I try my best to stick to the original intention of the Boone and Crockett club, which is to recognize the animal, as a way of tracking conservation efforts in a particular region. As long as it was harvested legally, and wasn't a high fence operation, I have no problem with the methods that are used in that state. Not everyone hunts the same way, and that's fine.

Barehandlineman11

Formerly 'troy sturgill'
LRH Team Member
I don’t care what anyone says hunting in Midwest and down south is not hunting it’s shooting. Shooting a animal over a feeder is just flat out not hunting.

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce