Portable tables

gpo1956

Anyone try using one of the portable tables such as the Worx or Workmate for reloading. Just wondering if they were anywhere near stable enough for reloading.

The Size, Weight and Construction of the table depends a lot on the loading press you are using. With my job moving me over the years, I ended up attaching my presses on a 2" X 6" X 16" base and just C clamp them to an available table. At one time I mounted my RCBS Rock Chucker press to a stand used for a bench grinder and loaded many 308 Win, 270 Win and 338 WM, FL Sizing with no problem.

I would suggest another table for setting up powder measure or scales and holding powder filled cases before bullet seating, Just to keep down shake and vibration.

Yep...purchased to use as a reloading station......not worth the effort.....four feet requires perfectly flat floor..wouldnt work on garage concrete floor....
HD has a wood work bench that can be used....i screwed mine to the studs in the wall...has legs too...so double stability...
I use a piece of stair tread...1" thick....mounted on very sturdy metal shelf brackets...press is directly over a stud in wall....works really good....simple.....

There is a shooter at my range who has convertrd one and works up and shoots his reload on the spot, However think is is reloading 20-24 cal. Works great but agree might not do well with heavy duty equipment. If I see him this week I will do a closer check on it.

Tommy

Used an older model B & D Workmate for years with no trouble. Built a base table with a 2X4 underneath that clamped into the table jaw. Stable for use with my C&H 3 station press loading up to 300 Wby Mag and for all my shotshell loading on a Posness Warren 375.

I am using tool box's from Lowe's. Bolted through the wood tops. Bottoms are filled with brass and projectiles. Cheap bar stool and your in business.

I mount my Rockchucker to a portable Workmate bench when I need to make it portable. I can do anything I want on my workmate including sizing tough 7.62 military brass. But I still prefer to mount on my regular workbench when at home because it's more solid.

I use an 8' solid wood 2" thick door as my reloading table top. Right now, it has just folding table legs you can buy off Amazon on it so I can stow it, but I'd like to get some legs on it that don't shake as much when you bump the table.

Otherwise, it is incredibly stable and was really cheap to put together.

I live in an RV full time. I haven't tried a portable table but I have had good success with the Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Reloading Stand. I use a Redding Big Boss II press and load for 35 Whelen and 6.5 Creed.

~20 years ago there used to be a guy at our local range who did his on-site resizing with a press bolted to a weldment that fit into his trailer hitch receiver. He used an arbor press & Wilson die on the shooting bench for bullet seating and had three pieces of aluminum sheet connected with full length piano hinges to enclose the press and his scale from the ever-present wind. The hinges were arranged so that the whole thing could be folded flat.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.