portable shooting bench Hunting

Deadeye

Hope this helps. I built one and have no complaints other the legs are too short. Extemely stable enough for a 900+ pdog shot.http://ambrutis.com/john/page10.html
You can buy the legs at Home Depot and lenghten the legs with conduit stuck up inside the legs and held in place with a screw. Good luck

null

This is what I used for my 1225 yard deer last year. It is 2 3/4" pc plywood glued and screwed together the legs are 2" pipe that is adjustable welded to 3/8" plates the plates are bolted to the plywood.
Crow Mag

002230-big.jpg

My bench has the same top as "Crow Mag" but for legs I used a 2foot piece of 1.25" galvanized pipe which can be screwed into a threaded flange. Four flanges are permanantly mounted to the bottom of the table.
Slid inside the legs are pieces of 1" galvanized pipe. They can be adjusted to accomodate uneven ground and tightened with a "T" handle bolt. This is an important feature and prevents the table from rocking when it is placed afield.
All the material is available at Home Depot or any plumbing supply store. It all works great but is a bit heavy if the table needs to be carried very far.
I have also made a set of mounts on the bottom of the table so that the legs can be unscrewed from the flanges and attached flat to the table bottom for easy transport in a car trunk or truck bed.
VH

[ 06-07-2003: Message edited by: Varmint Hunter ]

Howdy all.. Getting ready to build a shooting bench for hunting with heavy guns looking for plans or suggestions to help cut down on the (trial&error) any info helpfull

Here's the one I use. IT's made from a bar tabletop, some 1.5" aluminum conduit (I now use 2" and will change mine in the future), 3 conduit couplings and 3 mounting plates made of 1/4" steel. The couplings are cut/ground at about a 20* angle. Just screw the legs in and flip it over.
grin.gif

000_0094.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.