Portable Fire Pit for Burn Ban?

Something to add, is that sometimes there are overlapping fire bans here in the mountain states. For example, the USFS may have one level of ban, and at times the respective county (or town) has a higher or stricter level they are enforcing through the sheriff's dept. This typically happens more around tourist areas, as some weekend campers can't seem to follow the USFS rules, so the respective county will just ban all open fires in their jurisdiction. Make sure to check with the USFS in the area + the local sheriff's office. Most sheriff's offices are pretty good about posting the status on their website.

Good Point. Ran into that last year north of Evanston. Higher more restricted guidance rules. Although ALOT of people only followed the lower restriction.

KA requires a Fire Permit for fires outside of developed campgrounds. This may or may not be a KA exclusive thing, so I'd look into that as well. Would suck to be totally compliant, but get a ticket or worse for lacking a stupid piece of paper......

NFS - WY - but there are other offices. Click on Alert links and or Orders. 2021-160 is maybe what you need to see. I coincidentally spoke to them for northern CO Routt NF and I was told this order MAY be extended depending upon precip in region.
WY- NFS

Attachments

• fseprd923420.pdf
    145.3 KB · Views: 110