Poor quality chamber-rifling in new rifle. What to do?

I had one the dealer sent it back twice it cost me 30 bucks each time in shiping charges. Remmington did a half way job each time barley shot 2" groups at 100 I re barreled the old barrel chamber was .006 out of round

[ QUOTE ]
I just can't understand why Remington allowed some of these lemon to pass through their QC.

[/ QUOTE ]

QC... Wazzat??

Give it to the dealer and have him return it to Remington., They will replace the whole rifle if it is new.

Bought a XR-100 last year and there was a small gouge in the chamber... dealer sent it back and I had a new rifle (with new serial number) in 2 weeks.

My Model 70 Laredo in 300 Win Mag has this problem. I didn't pay much attention in the beginning since the rifle shoot 1/2 minute all day long but, the off center primer indentation always bother me. The right lug, it seems, weren't contacting the recess in the action when the bolt is close. It took several hundred rounds before I finally noticed wear in the right lug signifying contact with the action recess. The other day, while cleaning the bolt, I noticed excessive wear in the right corner of the bolt, just in front of the right lug. Looking inside the breach face, I also noticed a semi-circular gouge, about 3/4" long, at the cone end of the barrel. I believed this is the reason why the firing pen strike the primer off center. It also explain why there is very little contact between the right lug and the action recess. Other than that, the rifle shoot, so I'll leave it alone.

Savage Mark II, brand new, and it wouldn't eject live or fired rounds, so a screwdriver was required equipment, it sometimes misfired, and wouldn't feed last round. It was sent back twice and it came back with the same problems. They said there wasn't anything wrong with it. I would have sent some ammo but it isn't legal to do that. Walmart finally gave me a refund and sold it to another shooter. Even a $175 .22 should do better than that. Turn around time from Savage was bad. I've got a CZ 452 American now. O'm sorry if I got away from Remington, but thought you might be interested anyhow. I would like to buy a 700 243 LH model but seems like a crap shoot. It's too bad they don't make them like they did in th 60's.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.