POLL : what cleaning juice or method ?

If time permits, Gunslick foam let it sit for a couple hours, patch 3x, brush w/Butch's, patch a couple of times. Verify copper is out using CR-10 patches. Finish with a patch of Lock-Eze.

If it needs cleaned at range, Butch's all the way patches and brushing. Finish with Lock-Eze.

After every 100 or so rounds I use JB with patch moistened with Hoppe's #9. Clean bore with Hoppe's to remove all paste residue. I do this after I have used one of the methods above first. Finish with Lock-Eze patch.

All brushes are cleaned using alcohol in house or spray carb/choke cleaner outside. 100% cotton patches only.

I am surprized there are not more wipeout fans. Makes cleaning rifles way to easy.

That's a fact.

I will never use anything other than Wipeout again. No muss, no fuss, no brushes and scrubbing. The last barrel I broke in (which was the first barrel I broke in) it took one application of Wipeout to clean it after it was broke in. Spray it in, let it sit, patch it out... two patches... done. All carbon and copper gone.

I used it on an old 7mm RM that was very badly fouled and it took about 8 applications to get all the copper out. But it got it ALL out as evidenced by a borescope. Completely clean and bare steel. It would have taken hours of scrubbing with anything else.

For bore cleaning at the range if I'm breaking a barrel in, I'll probably use Iosso paste.

Where do you buy Montana Extreme and is it safe from stainless barrels?

I would not leave Montana Extreme in the barrel for more than 20 min. I have heard from a smith that it will damage a barrel if left in too long. That's just what I heard.

What do you guys use to clean off the lube you use when turning necks?

I use One Shot spray dry lube. No cleaning neccessry, no mess. I'll never go back to Case Lube. One Shot is way too easy.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.