polaris ranger and enclosed trailer

marioq

just checking if anyone out there has a ranger and an enclosed trailer to carry said ranger???

I am looking into buying this set up and I cant seem to find an answer...
THe ranger is 76 inches tall. I was told by the dealership that I could buy an enclosed trailer at 74 inches on the opening and greater than 76 inside due to the ramp and loading the ranger in with the rear end being lower on load it will clear....
I CANT find any info on this or proof that someone has done it so I figured I would turn to the knowledge of my fellow hunters to find out what yall think..

Let me know if you have any experience with this please...

Thanks
Mario

I'm taking it the Ranger you're looking at has a lift kit of some sort? I upgraded from 26" to 27" Tires, turned the shocks up & moved them to the outer holes & am still a few inches under 76". 2013 Ranger 900xp btw.

With the angles of the ramp, it very well may fit. I can't offer a lot of help as I don't use an enclosed trailer to haul mine.

t

Of course that is my other option is to get an open trailer. That works great except for the moving of refrigerator and freezer from Nevada to Texas. The wife does not want the refrigerator outdoors for people to see. Sounds funny I agree but I also don't want to damage my ranger.

Hahaha. I am trying to justify an Enclosed one but don't want to waste the$$$$

My ranger is a 570. It is stock. Do have the roof on it. Have an interstate trailer with a 74 inch door. Goes in easy. . Don't know if that helps or not. Good luck

My ranger is a 570. It is stock. Do have the roof on it. Have an interstate trailer with a 74 inch door. Goes in easy. . Don't know if that helps or not. Good luck

What year is yours? Only thing I can think is did they change the chassis in 2015??
But yes it helps. I'll see if I can pull a spec sheet on your rig and see what it says for height. Then it's a matter of open or enclosed!!!! Hahahaja not sure but getting excited!!!!!

He is correct the door takes away some. So the worst case would be to strap down the suspension when loading and unloading. Sounds like a pain but really just as easy as strapping down on an enclosed trailer. All you are doing is loading the shocks to get a a lower ride height. I dont think it will squat that much under power to get the clearance you need. I would indeed go with an enclosed trailer. I will never buy another open trailer again for that sort of stuff.

What year is yours? Only thing I can think is did they change the chassis in 2015??
But yes it helps. I'll see if I can pull a spec sheet on your rig and see what it says for height. Then it's a matter of open or enclosed!!!! Hahahaja not sure but getting excited!!!!!

It's a 2014.

You could lower the air pressure in the tires when you load it. Depending on what ply tires you have, you may get a little extra clearance there. Pick up one of those cheap portable air compressors that plug into the power outlet of your truck. Air them back up when you get to where your going.

Not ideal, especially in early morning hunting situations, but could work.

Yeah that's the other idea I think between the air and compressing the shocks if necessary will get me by without a big deal.

Thanks for the input. Gets me thinking I'm close to buying the trailer and the ranger.
Let you know when I do.
Mario

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts