Points to ponder

Ckgworks

If we read history, during the Revolutionary war, the United States militia or soldiers had rifles of smaller caliber, that loaded faster and shot more accurately due to rifling, than the British had......... how would history be different if the colonies had been banned from owning any firearms other than a smooth bore fowling piece? I believe our founding fathers knew the answer when they wrote the 2nd amendment.

In the Vegas shooting..... Can anyone point me to a fact based source that say this deranged shooter actually "used" a bump stock or just "had" one? Or did "had" become "used" because it fit? I read the shooter had rifles on a tripod..... can someone explain how to use a bump stock while the gun is mounted on a tripod?.....And, if it comes out that a bump stock was NOT used, will everyone stop trying to ban them? I don't know the answer to this, but I can't believe NO reporter has asked this. (that I've seen)

Ask your local liberal if they would support putting a red F on felon's drivers licences....if they are like my locals, they will probably bring up the felons rights. This same person has no problem taking away rights from law abiding gun owners, that have commited no crime.

There are other threads on the Ar15 bans but I want to add this. Let us not forget the saying "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it". Hitler's rise to extermination of people was allowed by those that gave "little" wrongs a pass because they didn't affect them personally, and they believed these little wrongs would make their own lives better. By the time they realized they were wrong, it was too late.......much like bump stocks and other "little" firearm restrictions.

I think all gun owners need to present a united front and support each other regardless of our preferances to firearm types.....and maybe, just maybe if some questions like the above are talked about enough with the right conviction, we can wake up those are sleeping at the polls.

I'm still waiting for a politician to stand up in Congress, walk to the front of the room, and take the microphone and say, "SCREW YOUR FEELINGS! What part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED do you people not seem to understand??? Feelings are completely irrelevant when writing law. Law is logical and black & white. Feelings are NOT. Therefore your feelings about banning something don't mean a **** thing! Also, any anti-gun legislation is considered treason under the Bill of Rights of the U.S. Constitution. Treason is an offense historically punished by death. So stop trying to ban things based on your feelings, which goes against the very Constitution that you swore to uphold."

Drops the mic, and walks back to their seat...

That would be epic if it were to happen. He/she would be my new hero.

In the Vegas shooting..... Can anyone point me to a fact based source that say this deranged shooter actually "used" a bump stock or just "had" one? Or did "had" become "used" because it fit? I read the shooter had rifles on a tripod..... can someone explain how to use a bump stock while the gun is mounted on a tripod?.....And, if it comes out that a bump stock was NOT used, will everyone stop trying to ban them? I don't know the answer to this, but I can't believe NO reporter has asked this. (that I've seen)

I think all gun owners need to present a united front and support each other regardless of our preferances to firearm types.....and maybe, just maybe if some questions like the above are talked about enough with the right conviction, we can wake up those are sleeping at the polls.

I too am curious as to how/if it works when mounted on a tripod. Also, I looked at the photos taken of the hotel room shortly after the incident and something occurred to me, what I saw was less of a crime scene and more of a political statement of sorts. All the types of firearms and accessories that the anti-gun side wants to ban laid out on display for the cameras to see. As I understand it the TBR from his hotel room to his targets was about 4-500 meters. There were reports of large exit wounds on some of the victims. Will the .223/5.56 mm ammo that he used reliably expand at that distance to cause the types of torso wounds described? Any of you all shoot a coyote at 500 meters with a .223? Was the exit wound significant?

I could not agree with you more, ALL gun owners must present a united front and vote for whatever party/candidate that will defend our 2nd Amendment rights this November.

I know what I heard in those videos, and I heard either an M60 or a 240B 7.62, and I heard a true full-auto Kalashnikov (AK-47). You can tell the difference between a true full-auto and a bumpstock. Bumpstocks are mag-dumps... I heard precise trigger pulls and releases will full-auto bursts.

I still believe QAnon was telling the truth that it was a failed FBI gun-running Op with the Saudis, so they turned it into a coverup.

Also, to answer your questions, no, bumpstocks will not function properly on a tripod or bipod. And 5.56 will not leave massive wounds at 400-500 meters. It's lost so much energy by then, it's pretty much going to just penetrate and that's it. Max effective range of the 5.56x45mm is 660 meters by Army standards. And even then they don't recommend actively engaging a target beyond 400 meters.

morning, the scenes of the shooting site in las vegas were released with
select pics. the fbi proved its worth in the last school shooting
incident in florida. from what I understand the hotel where the
las vegas shooting site happened has not released a full report
on the info in the hotel shooting site. (strange)? something
is being hid!!! with the fbi being run in parts by the
obummer admin. we will never get a accurate report!!
have NO NO NO confidence in the fbi or any other
gov. run investigation. President TRUMP is great!
nothing is in stone as of yet!! just me GBOT TUM

I know gun owners that are of the ".22, shotgun, and a bolt action 30-06 and thats it" crowd. They take their guns out once a year hunting and put them back in the safe. These are the people that we need to have conversations with, Washington has passed a couple laws in the past couple years that many of these people voted for only because they can not see how the laws will affect them, and they think it will make the world a better place. I think we need to speak out more to these types of people, and try to help them see beyond the discription on the ballot. These same people read news articles, and don't ask any questions or wonder if the whole story has been told. I was shocked when I found out my inlaws voted for some of the local ballot initiatives, but when I probed deeper, they floundered in their response, or gave the response that was written in the newspaper. Unless you talk these people through it in a rational way, with facts, they will look at you/write you off as a waco! I find it kinda humorous that the American people are enraged that Russia posted fake news/articles, that people believed......Where is the embarrassment in admitting that we are sheeple who believe everything posted on the internet?

"Explosive" and "heat-seeking bullets"??? You've gotta be joking... This is the level of stupidity we're having to fight against. These idiots don't know a **** thing about guns, ammo, or how to protect themselves or others. Yet, they want to dictate what is and isn't "safe"??? I don't think so!

I know gun owners that are of the ".22, shotgun, and a bolt action 30-06 and thats it" crowd. They take their guns out once a year hunting and put them back in the safe. These are the people that we need to have conversations with, Washington has passed a couple laws in the past couple years that many of these people voted for only because they can not see how the laws will affect them, and they think it will make the world a better place. I think we need to speak out more to these types of people, and try to help them see beyond the discription on the ballot. These same people read news articles, and don't ask any questions or wonder if the whole story has been told. I was shocked when I found out my inlaws voted for some of the local ballot initiatives, but when I probed deeper, they floundered in their response, or gave the response that was written in the newspaper. Unless you talk these people through it in a rational way, with facts, they will look at you/write you off as a waco! I find it kinda humorous that the American people are enraged that Russia posted fake news/articles, that people believed......Where is the embarrassment in admitting that we are sheeple who believe everything posted on the internet?

What you are doing by educating those types is something that needs to be done on a much larger scale. I applaud your efforts, keep it up.

Thank you

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.