Point of impact shift shooting with a bipod or a backpack and bipld height?

Standard hunting ranges to a rifles 3" POI not gonna matter much. Start pushing distance and muzzle flip you have no control of over a back pack versus controlled push on bipod does make a difference.
Depending on caliber and bullet weight. That can be as close as 300 but typically in 400-500 range scenarios.

Just practice how you plan to hunt.
I picked up the Gen 3 trigger sticks after watching one of your videos. Solid piece of field kit I gotta say. One leg out front, two to the rear and leaned into the front leg of the triangle makes a pretty stable standing position. I see there is also a monopod version. I'm thinking a bit faster deployment when speed counts over max stability?

Standard hunting ranges to a rifles 3" POI not gonna matter much. Start pushing distance and muzzle flip you have no control of over a back pack versus controlled push on bipod does make a difference.
Depending on caliber and bullet weight. That can be as close as 300 but typically in 400-500 range scenarios.

Just practice how you plan to hunt.
That's what i tought but still many shooters seem to switch from bipod to backpack even at long distances

Practice both and see how you and your rifle respond in different rests and shooting positions.
That's the only test that will matter at the end, unfortunately my ranges don't allow shooting prone

Sounds like good advice you're getting, and I cannot agree more rounds down range will tell the story. I shoot both out to 1000 and to be honest I have not noticed a change. The real deal is at that range is it is hard to tell unless you have either zero wind, or a very consistent wind. Where I shoot, across two different draws, the wind can actually be blowing in every direction and then opposite on the next shot, it makes for a very difficult shot at 1000 yards. When you are trying to figure out your POI I would suggest being very picky of the days, or time of day you shoot to get some consistency to your bullet travel. At my house I can shoot out to 500 yards and at that distance I do not see any change in my custom 28 Nosler which is the only rifle I hunt at distance with.
Thanks. Very interesting

Stop offering such practical advice! 🤪 No way are we going to get to 10 pages of veered off course pontification now!
Ahahahah that's true, but making the test without a range that allows it and without a bipod (which i am not sure if I will buy) it's not easy

As already stated, you need to verify with your technique and gear. I always verify with my rifles because I definitely have noticed a change in impact when shooting at paper. Even if the difference is small, it is still there, and I think can cause a miss on a small target even at ranges of a few hundred yards. Sometimes this difference isn't noticed if you are shooting at a steel plate or even the chest of a deer. Just my experience, ymmv
Gary

Ahahahah that's true, but making the test without a range that allows it and without a bipod (which i am not sure if I will buy) it's not easy
You can not practice where you hunt ? I did read where you stated it takes an hour to get there. But it may be worth it. And this will give you time to scout your area. And possibly setup a blind if allowed ? I am not sure on your regulations where you hunt or if you are allowed to access the property before you go hunting. I have only hunted the US and in Pennsylvania. My knowledge on this subject is lacking for sure in other States & countries. Hope to learn more on here as time goes.

O
You can not practice where you hunt ? I did read where you stated it takes an hour to get there. But it may be worth it. And this will give you time to scout your area. And possibly setup a blind if allowed ? I am not sure on your regulations where you hunt or if you are allowed to access the property before you go hunting. I have only hunted the US and in Pennsylvania. My knowledge on this subject is lacking for sure in other States & countries. Hope to learn more on here as time goes.
Ok so. I always trainer and tried my rifle before going to hunt and also between one hunt and the other i recheck zero, especially if the rifle took a beating. That said, I have always kept distances pretty low (max 300 yards or a little more) so I always used the zero i got from a bench in a national shooting range close to my house. For this setup i will need to go to the longer range and I will try the setup with different shooting positions and rests since I will shoot roes up to 500 meters (and roes are much smaller than a whitetail). I was just trying to get some thoughts before eventually buy the bipod and also to evaluate the height of the bipod. But at the end I will have to try it out, i think I will start with a harris 6-9 and see if it works well for me. We can access the hunting area when we want since it's public land but we can't shoot unless we are on a hunt and with an animal in the crosshair :)

We are lucky because we have basically unlimited tags and the hunting season for selective hunting is almost 8 months/year but there are also some downsides of course

O

Ok so. I always trainer and tried my rifle before going to hunt and also between one hunt and the other i recheck zero, especially if the rifle took a beating. That said, I have always kept distances pretty low (max 300 yards or a little more) so I always used the zero i got from a bench in a national shooting range close to my house. For this setup i will need to go to the longer range and I will try the setup with different shooting positions and rests since I will shoot roes up to 500 meters (and roes are much smaller than a whitetail). I was just trying to get some thoughts before eventually buy the bipod and also to evaluate the height of the bipod. But at the end I will have to try it out, i think I will start with a harris 6-9 and see if it works well for me. We can access the hunting area when we want since it's public land but we can't shoot unless we are on a hunt and with an animal in the crosshair :)

We are lucky because we have basically unlimited tags and the hunting season for selective hunting is almost 8 months/year but there are also some downsides of course
I'd suggest starting with a 9 - 13"

I am not saying it cant or doesn't happen but I shoot off a standard bench rest set up while at the range most of the time and then switch to the bipod for all of my hunting applications. I have not noticed any issues with taking animals out to just over 800 yards on the bipod. We do always shoot off of the bipod out to 600 yards to verify POI before every hunting trip.