Pocket PDA

sniperboy

Hi to all

I am wanting to buy a pocket PDA for the nightforce ballistic program, and would like to know what brand and model of PDA is been used and is there a particullar brand or particullar requirement of program required to runs that program better?

Thanks
sniperboy

Nightforce is selling a new all weather system called the TDS Recon and TDS Nomad that looks pretty good. The TDS Recon is $900.00 and the TDS Recon is quite a bit higher but I don't remember how much higher. It has a lot more memory capacity and it has a built in GPS. The same device is used in the industry that I work in and it's very robust.

I use a Dell Axim 50. There's a newer version out there. I put a different (larger) battery in it (works great) and run LoadBase 3.0 on it.

This item is driving me crazy to buy. Go to e-bay for the dell and get out bid by a $1.00 everytime. Hate to spend the money for the recon. What would be the big advantage of the recon if i was only using it for ballistic software purpose.
mike

Try your local craigslist, that is where I bought my Dell X50v from. At least you can see it work in person.
Tarey

Exbal does not need much to run.

Recons are way too much in my opinion. $900.00... who am I going to impress?

Any Axim just about will do great even for LoadBase 3.0 that's a full House!

Here is a link for used PDA's

Top Sellers :: Usedhandhelds.com

This item is driving me crazy to buy. Go to e-bay for the dell and get out bid by a $1.00 everytime. Hate to spend the money for the recon. What would be the big advantage of the recon if i was only using it for ballistic software purpose.
mike

It's not really worth it if all you're using it for is ballistics. The Axim runs Excel, has a calendar, synchs with your pc, and does a bunch of things (that most smart phones do now) so it's definitely the best bang for the buck. The funny thing is, mine sat on top of my big food dehydrator for years. I almost gave it away a bunch of times but with all of the smart phone and ipod stuff that's out there nobody wanted it. Then I discovered ballistics programs for the PDA so I dusted it off, replaced the battery with a big one that lasts forever, and I use it all the time :)

No. It comes pretty complete. The extended battery that I have for mine is amazing. It lasts for hours. If I can find the link to the site where I bought it I'll post it.

Will Exbal run on an Ipod Touch or Iphone?? I put a Ballstics program on my daughters Ipod, and it seem to work well. The program only cost 12.00

I have a Dell axim x51v with the Nightforce program and card that's in new condition if you are interested. It's never been used. I ended up using my iphone ballistic program.

TLC

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.