Plse Help a MT. Wolf hunter out

If your wanting to travel alil( I don't know Montanas units at all) call over to the hole in the wall...a friend of mine that lives in Lolo used to work there and hunts elk up there, no elk left just wolves.....

Jeff were you able to get out this week? I am hoping for a last ditch effort this weekend. I heard of some tracks way back in taylors fork but you need a sled ( I dont have)

Here is one from the Ennis area. I am going back to the area on a big coyote hunt Sunday,my horse needs some exercise. I have a couple numbers to call if I see anything

Attachments

• IMG952012020595085349.jpg
    IMG952012020595085349.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 130
Glad to see someone is doing their part to put down some wolves, I've been skunked all season and there is zippo snow down here to help with tracks. I'm giving it one last ditch effort tomorrow, I got a hot tip today on a pack that has been in the same spot in the road twice this week crossing and I know where they are headed, found the elk this evening and got permission from every ranch owner in the valley. gun)

Bigngreen,
Talk to Hans, from the split diamond. Thier permits are next to where Cory, & Brad run cows, But thier main ranch is in Whitehall, near Ennis, if memory serves me correct.
Then go get Broz, & Rooster740, & kill every single one you see.
(some memories of exactly where things are from Mt. in my cowboy days are a bit "fuzzy". It's not like we got a lot of days off. When we got a day off, we drank all the way to Butte, & back..... It's a wonder I don't look like ol Donnie Thompson from Thompsons Corner:D)
Speaking of Thompsons Corner (near Dewey) have you talked with Dexter? (the trapper with a tooth). Last I saw him he was sitting by the fire in Thompsons, skinning a beaver. He'd know where to go look.... Asuming he ain't dead already. Used to drive a beat up ol Blazer with the fenderwells cut away with a torch. Called it his "Humm-B"..... But maybe he really thought it was a hummer, & I just couldn't understand him well when his tooth got in the way of his pronunciation.... I was in a bar afterall, & ....well... Dexter is a littel "off"...:D
Man I'm glad I lived long enough to grow up a bit, even if ever so slightly. My liver is glad too! I do miss Mt. tho.
Good Luck

Here is one from the Ennis area. I am going back to the area on a big coyote hunt Sunday,my horse needs some exercise. I have a couple numbers to call if I see anything

So thats the blood trail we followed out for 2 1/2 miles. :D Thanks for posting the pics. it is nice to see what the trail was from. And thanks for the tip too. I am sitting here this weekend if any of you need help dragging.

Jeff gun)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So thats the blood trail we followed out for 2 1/2 miles. :D Thanks for posting the pics. it is nice to see what the trail was from. And thanks for the tip too. I am sitting here this weekend if any of you need help dragging.

Jeff gun)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your number is first on my list, and all my diehard hunting friends but one who has recently developed sissy-itis all have their wolf now. You are next!

Way cool picture, the horse and all makes it look downright Western!

It is beautiful country. My son and I walked in with 16 lb rifles the day after. Following those horse tracks with the wolf blood leaving a trail kept this old heart pumping for 2 1/2 miles and over 1000 ft of altitude gain. :D Gosh I want to dump one of those suckers.

Jeff

Well I got some work done today so I am headin out somewhere tomorrow early am. I just gotta give it another shot.

Jeff gun)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broz said:
Well I got some work done today so I am headin out somewhere tomorrow early am. I just gotta give it another shot.

Jeff gun)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where there's a will there is a way! Good luck!

I was on wolf sign this morning but the fog laid in so heavy all morning that at best I could see 100 yards and range only 40 max. Tried calling but I couldn't even get a coyote to respond, just sucked. If it was clear and I could have glassed I think I would have had some kind of odds of finding one. There are guys finding them but not able to get into range but they won't help a guy out who is not range challenged either, I even offered to let one guy take my rifle and ballistic program out if he'd just shoot the buggers, you'd think a wolf was a 380 class bull elk the way they are acting, just ****es me of!!! I'm over it, it's going to take a lot of antelope killing this fall to get me back into a good humor gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts