Please school me on breaks

I know it's not the same but when I'm duck hunting I usually have some of those soft foam type ear plugs in my pocket. If it looks like it is going to be a busy morning in the duck blind I will put them in but not all the time. When dove hunting I usually wear them because I might shoot a couple boxes of shells a day.

Always so serious 🤣

Christopher Reeve Reaction GIF

Wow, "misinformation" over an obviously subject statement, in direct response to the guy being an 🐴 🤡. This place has gone to the ❄️s recently.

I can be pedantic also, so guess what your information is misinformation because I was obviously saying brakes suck from a purely acoustical standpoint, your misinformation is predicated on presuming recoil reduction was the primary intent of the statement. Also, my dad is bigger than your dad and can beat him up.

Good lord. All the feels floating around here 🤣

Agreed. If OP permits.
Since we are in school, I'd like to know, if you hunt with a brake, which I intend to for the first time this season, what do you use for hearing protection?
Personally, I have never worried about hearing pro in a deer stand or the woods, one or two shots of 30-06 or 308 26" away and adrenaline don't seem to be much once or twice a year. But I have never had muzzle devices in the field until now. 1 shot of 308 with a brake in quiet woods may leave that ringing in one's head.
Any advice?
I've hunted with and without a brake. Don't wear hearing protection in the woods. Haven't noticed a difference when shooting an animal.

Very well said! 90% of us are here for that reason. I remember back in the day asking 'what is the meaning of life?'. Yes I grew up in the 60s. I now think I've figured it out. Life is a test. When you finally make 100, you die and go to heaven. No I'm not a religious fanatic, far from it but some people never figure it out and that is the other 10%. We are here to help each other and most of us feel that need and truly enjoy it.
I'll shut up now.
Daryl
When I read the second sentence you made me thing about " Monty Python and the holy grail " movie. The simple things that makes us laugh. I'm early 70s kid myself so im with you on your post. I believe in God but im not perfect or go to church every week either.

Wow, "misinformation" over an obviously subject statement, in direct response to the guy being an 🐴 🤡. This place has gone to the ❄️s recently.

I can be pedantic also, so guess what your information is misinformation because I was obviously saying brakes suck from a purely acoustical standpoint, your misinformation is predicated on presuming recoil reduction was the primary intent of the statement. Also, my dad is bigger than your dad and can beat him up.

Good lord. All the feels floating around here 🤣
My Dad passed away already so no worries. My sincere apology to the OP.

I think someone asked about hearing protection when hunting w/ a brake. I do use ear protection. I leave a set of them in my blind and keep some with me as well. Sometimes a take a friend with me or a child so I try and be prepared Incase I forget something. The ear protection I leave in my blind are just the orange plug kind you wrap around you neck. Don't leave the ear muff kind in your blind because bugs can get in them and you might not think about checking them before you put them on. My friend got bit by somethin but we never found out what it was.

My Dad passed away already so no worries. My sincere apology to the OP.
Hate to hear that. My dad is in his 80s now and I don't know if I'm ready. We are getting things lined up. He wants to be cremated and he asked me what I was going to do with his ashes. I thought it was a strange question at first, but then I started thinking what if it was my ashes. I though about it for awhile and I came up with this. How can you show a man the utmost respect. The man that literally taught you everything. Hunting, fishing, driving your first car ( 1970 Dodge Challenger and we still have it ). The only thing I could come up with is this. Dad I want to spread your ashes all over the world so that we may enjoy our adventures. I want to put your ashes in my bullets when I do my reload somehow so that we may take that hunt of a lifetime together. He really liked that and that's all that matters to me!!!

Hate to hear that. My dad is in his 80s now and I don't know if I'm ready. We are getting things lined up. He wants to be cremated and he asked me what I was going to do with his ashes. I thought it was a strange question at first, but then I started thinking what if it was my ashes. I though about it for awhile and I came up with this. How can you show a man the utmost respect. The man that literally taught you everything. Hunting, fishing, driving your first car ( 1970 Dodge Challenger and we still have it ). The only thing I could come up with is this. Dad I want to spread your ashes all over the world so that we may enjoy our adventures. I want to put your ashes in my bullets when I do my reload somehow so that we may take that hunt of a lifetime together. He really liked that and that's all that matters to me!!!
Thank you. My Dad was a wonderful person all around, and I miss him dearly. I think you have yourself an excellent and sound plan for your Dad. Thanks for sharing.