please help with drop chart

bigsal5353

trying to get a drop chart made up.. went to eskimo .com and entered in my numbers... things arent commin up right. i know at 450 yards in droppin about 16 inches.. when it comes up in the web site it says my drop should be like 30 inches... what is up with that????/ by the way i am dead on at 100 yds.. also the same thing for factory ammo. i shot a few shots of remmy 50gr vmax.. my drop is less that what the box and net say it should be?

jmb

3700 fps
.24 bc
55gr vmax
scope is 1.5 inches high
1500 ft elevation
and leave other conditions as preset... please let me know what else u need . i cant figure out why my numbers are screwed up

all of the number that i got including the drop for the factory ammo from the remington web site shows this.... my drop in inches should me around 30 inches and 6.5 moa high... well when i was shootin today at 450 yds i dialed up 20 clicks.. 5moa ... and i was still about 4 inches high.. .. i am almost positive im doin my math right?? how someone can figure out what im doin wrong?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>all of the number that i got including the drop for the factory ammo from the remington web site shows this.... my drop in inches should me around 30 inches and 6.5 moa high<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This doesn't make sense -- are you saying that you have to hold over by 6.5 moa?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>... well when i was shootin today at 450 yds i dialed up 20 clicks.. 5moa ... and i was still about 4 inches high.. .. i am almost positive im doin my math right?? how someone can figure out what im doin wrong?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know what kind of scope you have so I can't check the clicks. Also, tell us what caliber you're shooting so we can find it on the Remington website.

I think the numbers you're quoting would be right with a 200 yard zero. Either way, it's still going to drop like a rock past 400 yards.

Also, how do you know your velocity? Did you measure it or estimate it?

[ 03-26-2004: Message edited by: JBM ]

shootin a 22-250 out of 26 in barrel
got velocity around 3700.. using a load found at loadyourown.com and it has the muzz. vel.

from the calculations i did.. I "Should" hold over somewhere around 6.5 moa or about 28-30 inches... when shooting today at 450 yds.. i clicked up 20 clicks from a 100 yd zero which is 5 moa high or about 22 inches.. with these values i still shot about 4 inches high.. so i really should shootin 27 ckicks high, but i shot 22 today and was over by 4 inches.. that is my problem. also shootin a tasco varmit.. i knmow its a cheap scope but i have had no problem trackin with it, so its shootin good. thanks jbm ... i appreciate all teh help

what im sayin is that im shootin probably atleast 10 inches higher than the computer calculations say i should be... they say i should drop 30 inches and im only around 18... this is my point what am i doin wrong, i neeed to get my drops for other distances by tomorrow moring

Well if your muzzle velocity was really 3900 the drop would be what you're seeing, but I don't think your getting that kind of velocity. Is the range measured? EXACTLY where are your bullets hitting at 100 yards (is this range measured?).

Something's got to be wrong -- the programs aren't usually wrong by 30% at 500 yards. I just wish I knew what it was...

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.