Please Delete...........................

OK again "L Sherman" you replied for BUD.
I never said anything that I didn't BELEIVE Bud. Only why he was posting Outfitter Laws on the pervious post about taking someone fishing.
Evidently you are too involved with this so there is no sense with my conversation on this subject since you are answering for Bud.
Thanks for your input L Sheman.
I did not reply for Bud, simply stating my interpretation on Montana outfitting laws.
I'm sure maybe Bud will set me straight if I'm wrong.
If you look last time he was on here was May.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. Here a guy can take me fishing in his boat and I can take him ducking in my blind with my decoys. Can be from different states too. I ran into this in canada. A friend of mine was accused of outfitting simply because we stayed at his house and he loaned us some maps. Got nasty too. You guys have what you allow.
Soo you were in Canada and did you or your friend get arrested or charged for exchanging maps?? ARE YOU SERIOUS???
I can't see where you or anyone is going with this. The original post was to trade some hunting experiences and an offer to do some Walley fishing in Wisconsin. I guess I missed everything that ONLY LICENSED GUIDES can do this.
I guess that I am really scre**ed and going to jail because I am just a backwoods hunter here in GA and take other hunters from other states to shoot hogs here and then they offer me shoot white tails in NC. Or I have people from PA take me Trout fishing and I take them hog hunting in GA.
THIS IS DEFINITELY GOING ON MY IGNOR THREAD

Soo you were in Canada and did you or your friend get arrested or charged for exchanging maps?? ARE YOU SERIOUS???
I can't see where you or anyone is going with this. The original post was to trade some hunting experiences and an offer to do some Walley fishing in Wisconsin. I guess I missed everything that ONLY LICENSED GUIDES can do this.
I guess that I am really scre**ed and going to jail because I am just a backwoods hunter here in GA and take other hunters from other states to shoot hogs here and then they offer me shoot white tails in NC. Or I have people from PA take me Trout fishing and I take them hog hunting in GA.
THIS IS DEFINITELY GOING ON MY IGNOR THREAD
Yes, we do it all the time here in Arkansas. Just sharing what we have with each other. I wouldnt have believed it if not for experience. I'm not going to get into it because it almost ended my friends career. This kind of thing is real in some places. The left who like neither hunting or guns are easily persuaded by lobbying outfitters. There you have it. Elections have consequences.

OUTFITTER: any person who for consideration provides any saddle or pack animal, facilities, camping equipment, vehicle, watercraft, or other conveyance, or personal service for any person to hunt, trap, capture, take, kill, or pursue any game, including fish, and who accompanies that person, either part or all of the way, on an expedition for any of these purposes or supervises a licensed guide or outfitter's assistant in accompanying that person. This does not include a person providing services on real property that the person owns for the primary pursuit of bona fide agricultural interests.

Hiring a illegal outfitter is a felony.
Acting as a illegal outfitter is a felony.
So if I rent a small cabin out to someone and tell them where good public access points are on a local stream and they goes fishing the next day, I'm a felon if I don't hold an outfitter license.

What state is this in?

Kris

I agree.
I'm in Canada and I know a guy that got in trouble, but he loaned his toy trailer (with wall tent, kitchen, and whatnots) to a neighbour for some $$. Got 'caught' when papers were checked by the CO.
But again, trade for cash.

I've hunted at a friend's cabin and we pay up 25/night towards diesel and food. And take turns brining the supplies (paid from the fund).

I think it's all about phrasing.
'hop in the truck, do you have a gas can?' is a lot different from 'for $$ I'll show you the good spots, and you can borrow xxxx too'