• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Please delete post

Re: WTS lg shank 300ultra benchmark barrel(last price drop)

could this barrel be redone to fit a remington action ?

I've sent a message to a gun smith that I now to see if it can be done. I'll let you know when he gets back to me.

Thanks,
Nathan

Last edited:

I've sent a message to a gun smith that I now to see if it can be done. I'll let you know when he gets back to me.

Thanks,
Nathan

The smith I spoke with said it could be done but you'd only have .060 of a shoulder to butt against the recoil lug and it would probably cost somewhere between $150 and $250 to do it.

Thanks for your interest,
Nathan

Thanks for the time to get info , sounds like this would not be recommended when he says only .060 . I will talk to a smith in my area maybe it will work on ruger #1, thanks again. Piute

Bump TTT, from what I've read over on savage shooters you can turn this into a small shank barrel for around $50 to $75 at that price you'd still have less in it than what I do.* Like I stated before I guarantee the round count to be true.

Thanks,
Nathan

Last edited:

Nddodd, are you aware that the barrel can be rethreaded to a Turkish 98 Mauser? The Turkish 38 Mauser is a true 98 big ring Mauser with a small shank bore like the 95s and 96s. I have put several Remington barrels on the Turks. They look great and shoot great also. On the Remmy barrels ya need to turn .060 off the diameter of the shank and rethread to small shank Mauser. That would be a great home for your barrel. Good luck sir.

Thank you olcrip, I appreciate the extra options. I really thought the barrel would sell pretty quick. If it wasn't for me trying to gather funds for my first custom build I wouldve kept it. I just dont have enough money to keep it and build a custom.

Thanks again sir,
Nathan