Plastic guns

RockyMtnMT

Official LRH Sponsor
I've been waiting for someone to comment on this and haven't seen anything. They new thing for the leftists to get all up in arms about this week is the possibility of a 3-D printed plastic hand gun that can make it through metal detectors. Even though they don't want detectors in schools...Idiots. Small rant, back on subject now. My instinct is that these things could not work. Am I wrong?

Steve

I've been waiting for someone to comment on this and haven't seen anything. They new thing for the leftists to get all up in arms about this week is the possibility of a 3-D printed plastic hand gun that can make it through metal detectors. Even though they don't want detectors in schools...Idiots. Small rant, back on subject now. My instinct is that these things could not work. Am I wrong?

Steve

Steve, I have a 3-D printed scope level which cracked when I first tightened the screw. Wouldn't want one of these plastic P.O.S. in my hands with a cartridge firing in it. They're a good subject for the movies.

IMG_0355.JPG Would you want this exploding in your hand or face??

Does it have a trigger? If so what material is used for a spring?

Does anyone know how these things are supposed to function. Some idiot I heard on the radio said people can make plastic bullets that will work like a regular bullet. Totally plastic and undetectable.

Steve

So the idea is what is important, not the firearm itself. The idea is that no matter how many regulations are in place by the government, people will always find a way. This idea puts the power back into the hands of the people. That was the creators intent. It wasnt to supply criminals with guns, its to protect the little guy. The name is also unique, the liberator, which it shares with the liberator that was dropped over france during WWII. Its a fire once and discard weapon meant to scare those in power.

It does have a metal firing pin, metal springs, and a metal piece in the plastic so it conforms to some law about not being "invisible". Everything else is built via a 3D printer. Dont understand what all the BS is about anyone with hand tools, drill press, lathe, cnc can product their own weapons and to a much higher quality.

You should see the AK47s Afghans are producing in Kabul....now thats scary.

Goes back to the Clint Eastwood movie where the killer built one from scratch...
I bet i could build one in my garage without the printer...
Single shot, spring loaded pin.....
But the ballistics would suck badly....
Wesley sniper movie on the plane..the guy had a ballpoint pen gun....

Steve

I made a thread on it. Its a breitbart article on how the leftist freaks were saying that now anybody can print "fully semiautomatic weapons".
https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/fully-semiautomatic-weapons.205516/

Does it have a trigger? If so what material is used for a spring?

Does anyone know how these things are supposed to function. Some idiot I heard on the radio said people can make plastic bullets that will work like a regular bullet. Totally plastic and undetectable.

Steve

tell the leftists that these plastic guns fire suppository bullets. That might make them suddenly become fans of the idea. Most of them apparently are partial to the idea of jamming stuff up their ......

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.