Places to shoot in Eastern Arkansas--Western TN?

KDB

Hello,

I am looking for a good spot to do some shooting in eastern arkansas, western tennessee or northern mississippi. I had a sweet 1000 yrd spot when I managed a sod farm, but no longer work there, so can no longer shoot there. I know there are some ranges around, but to my knowledge, the longest one is 600 yds, plus I don't want to (can't) pay a fortune in membership and other fees.

Anyone out there have ideas.

Thanks.
Kevin

there is nothing here.
I have been looking for 3 years and have found nothing past 600
there is one thats 1000 but its near springdale

Yeh, MSSA in Memphis goes out to 600, but you have to be a member and I can't quite swing those funds now. Rather spend it on equipment and/or reloading supplies. I have been talking to a few farmers in the area and I might have a lead on a place in your neck of the woods. They have 4500 acres and some over the levy near Osceola. I have not seen the place, but sounds like a possible 1000+. If it looks good and they don't mind company, then I will shoot you a message. Probably won't be until spring at the earliest.

I would like to know more about the place near Springdale. I am about 3 hr away from there but it might be worthwhile once or twice a year for a 1000 yd range.
My best spot currently is 700 yds but it is a cow and horse pasture so I have to catch things right and also I dont have freedom to take anybody else.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.