Pikes Peak camping question.

billn17

The family and I are going to Pikes Peak in September and was needing advise on a good campground. Prefer to camp at higher elevations and must have restrooms/showers. We may take our tent but also looked at single room cabins.

Any help would be great.

Also any good long range shooting area's 1k or more.

I assume Pikes Peak CO :) . Anyway my wife and I went to Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort. #1 rated cabin resort & campgrounds in Colorado. Best campground for camping in the Springs. if I remember correctly when I was still stationed out at Fort Riley, KS. It's been at least 8 years ago but it was really nice and they had restrooms and showers. Shows on their camp site map they have a trail to public ground since it is near Beaver Creek State Wildlife Area. It was within reasonable driving distance to mostly everything but we weren't really concerned about speeding around anyway. Hopefully that helps. Oh almost forgot, we tent camped. They do have that available if you wish.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.