Pig country

Jinx

Went bush pig hunting over the weekend. We can actually start calling them corn pigs because that is where they stay nowadays. The dogs quickly picked up the scent and was off and so was the pig. We fitted the three lead dogs with Garmin GPS colors in case we cant keep up. The pig ran out of the corn field over a large pasture and into some blue-gum trees. I heard the dogs coming back and new the pig had to be 100 meters in front of the dogs. The pig came running directly at me and was not aware of me. I held the shot until the pig was about 10 meters away from me. The pig saw me and turned and I hit it just behind the ear where it dropped. Total running distance was about 2 miles. Sorry don't have any better pics of the pig, was a decent size.

Nice scenery
2010_01_16_0750.jpg

The old guy is 64 and walks with the dogs all the way

2010_01_16_0755.jpg

Looks like a good day afield! I see he has quite a crew of dog's too, done that, hunting with hounds I mean, great fun!

Got to watch the old guy's, Once had a gent pheasant hunting who walked the leg's off me and my dog's. I was 6'4" in the morning, down to 5'10" by 4pm! He was 75.

Congrats!!!
Sounds like a lot of fun you had there.
I just love it when the hounds start barking, the exciting moment that tells you they found something and are after it. Real nice!!!

+1 for us older guys. Nice looking set of dogs. Sounds like you folks had some good fun. Enjoyed the pics, thanks for sharing.

Great day afield for sure.

Last time I went behind dogs, I swore was my last. I told the fellow who owned them to cross them with some Beagles, so they would bring the darn hogs back around to us rather than us having to head off after the dogs.

After running through the briars and brambles where the rabbits wouldn't go, I know why those Brits were defeated in New Orleans. They just got to the point they really didn't care anymore. LOL

Thanks for sharing your hunts bud, They are fun, but with bad knees and rough terrain, those younger folks can have every bit of chasing hounds. I will happily bring up the rear and the rides, as needed.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.